nice purple toe

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quick question... I bashed my toe quite hard on Saturday morning. I do this quite often sadly. I normally limp around for about 30 minutes, then I'm fine. However, I've been limping a bit for the past two days now. Its nicely purple.

Is there any good way to test if its broekn w/out getting an X-ray? I'm hoping to save a doctors visit if I can help it. I've got a little bit of mobility, but pressure from certain angles causes quite severe and sharp pain... walking is normally not too bad, but going up and down stairs is killing me.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds cracked or broken to me. My instructor had that happen to him when someone dropped onto his heel when he was knee down/toes tucked under (kneeling position). It was like what you described, took 3 weeks or so to get where it wasn't so touchy. We had to be careful not to trap his toes under out feet like we often do when training, until it healed.

He didn't bother going to the doctor. I understand there isn't much that can be done.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
He didn't bother going to the doctor. I understand there isn't much that can be done.

I've heard the same.

I've also heard it can help to tape the broken toe to a larger toe next to it to keep it from moving around so much while it heals.

I wish you a speedy recovery :asian:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sit and wait for it to heal or workout and wait for it to heal either or it will hurt for a while

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Taping to the next toe is the best chance. Terry and the rest are correct though, train or no train it is going to suck anyway. There isn't much you/they can do about it.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most likely the Doctor will tape it to the next toe. It does sound broken, but without an x-ray it is nearly impossible to tell. You should expect to hurt for about 3-6 weeks, unless you hurt it again.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All the above posts say it all..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to add more other than I have experienced the same thing on multiple times and always taped them up and away I went.

If you have any doubts though go and see a physician and get some x-rays.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hard to add more other than I have experienced the same thing on multiple times and always taped them up and away I went.

If you have any doubts though go and see a physician and get some x-rays.
Been there myself a few times. It sucks. Tape it to the next toe and drive on to the Ranger Objective!

Jeff

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't have anything to add to the already good advice, but would like to say I hope you heal quickly. Sounds painful...ouch!

Latest Discussions