Newly joined

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Greetings all. I have just joined, but have made some posts. I studied TKD many years ago under Jhoon Goo Rhee when he only had a small place on the third floor, at Connecticutt and S Streets in Washington, DC. Only got to 8th Green due to military commitments. He was a great instructor and practitioner.

Tried Moo Duk Kwon on post but the instructor had to quit after about a month. I thought that was a neat martial art. Didn't really do anything after that until my last time in Korea.

Had always wondered about Hapkido and found it being taught at the on post gym in Yong San. Found something I really liked. I stayed with it as long as I could keep up with my GM. Still try to practice when I can. Life just gets in the way of a lot of fun things now.

Seems to be a nice place here.

OP
O

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Greetings! Your user name looks familiar...

I borrowed it. :)

You were mentioned on a thread the other day over there. Some remarks were actually favorable. Imagine that! Nice to see you here. Hope all is well with you. Apparently you have continued with your MA.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT! We have a very active Korean MA's section here, and I look forward to hearing your opinions on our discussions!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I borrowed it. :)

You were mentioned on a thread the other day over there. Some remarks were actually favorable. Imagine that! Nice to see you here. Hope all is well with you. Apparently you have continued with your MA.

I have. I am active not just on a MA discussion forum, but I do train twice a week at my dojo, and I'm actively participating in seminars and tournaments around the area. My diabetes requires I stay active and fit, and I attempt to meet that demand with Isshin-Ryu. I enjoy it greatly.

shima

K3NPO
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life just gets in the way of a lot of fun things now.

Welcome to MT, yes life can be tricky like that, but as long as you never give up and keep trying when you can that's what matters!

OP
O

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have. I am active not just on a MA discussion forum, but I do train twice a week at my dojo, and I'm actively participating in seminars and tournaments around the area. My diabetes requires I stay active and fit, and I attempt to meet that demand with Isshin-Ryu. I enjoy it greatly.

That's good. Dummy me, I was on Okinawa for 18 months and never darkened a dojo door. It wasn't until after I returned to the US that I dabbled in Tae Kwon Do wiht Jhoon Goo Rhee. I did like it. But later got involved with Hapkido and that is the art I prefer as it suits me well. But I have always heard good things about all Okinawan karate. Good to hear you are keeping your diabetes in control as well. That is a life long thing.

OP
O

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your greetings and well wishes.