newbie from aus

peta.a

White Belt
Reaction score
hi,
i had been training for about 2 years until covid, . i would like to get back into it. thought joining a chat room would help me prep mentally and start meeting like minded people. looking forward to chats.

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. What system are you training in? Do you have any mid term or long term training goals?

OP
P

peta.a

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. What system are you training in? Do you have any mid term or long term training goals?
im training with gkr-karate, i graded to my blue belt, my training goal is to be confident in self defence, so i would like to earn my black belt with gkr to start with. i would also like to learn about weapanry and wing chun for skills in different scenarios. im not really interesred in tournaments, its more to do with building my own personal deveopment. what about you?

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. Cheers for wanting to continue. I am 67 years old, still training and teaching. The MA’s are for a lifetime.

Eskrido De Alcuizar
World Eskrido Federation
Buena Park, CA

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
im training with gkr-karate, i graded to my blue belt, my training goal is to be confident in self defence, so i would like to earn my black belt with gkr to start with. i would also like to learn about weapanry and wing chun for skills in different scenarios. im not really interesred in tournaments, its more to do with building my own personal deveopment. what about you?
My background is in TKD and Hapkido when I was a teen. Then I did a lot of years in Judo, Sambo and Jujitsu. Now I train Muay Thai in Thailand.

OP
P

peta.a

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. Cheers for wanting to continue. I am 67 years old, still training and teaching. The MA’s are for a lifetime.

Eskrido De Alcuizar
World Eskrido Federation
Buena Park, CA
Thankyou for the warm welcome, i havent been in a dojo since 2019, but i always knew at some piont i would get back into it. My motivation has dwindled somewhat, my exercising has ceased and to be honest, im a little imtimidated , hence why im here...to get my head straight first.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah welcome to the forum! Good to see another Aussie on here. Also trained with them back in the day, had some wonderful teachers.

Definitely a great idea getting back into it, and can completely understand feeling a bit intimidated or trepidation on returning. Once you go back, even if for just once a week to begin with, you'll absolutely love it ;). You being here shows you already are keen, just taking that step in the dojo and strapping on the gi and belt and you'll feel at home :)

OP
P

peta.a

White Belt
Reaction score
Ah welcome to the forum! Good to see another Aussie on here. Also trained with them back in the day, had some wonderful teachers.

Definitely a great idea getting back into it, and can completely understand feeling a bit intimidated or trepidation on returning. Once you go back, even if for just once a week to begin with, you'll absolutely love it ;). You being here shows you already are keen, just taking that step in the dojo and strapping on the gi and belt and you'll feel at home :)
thankyou Simon, the words of encouragement ...heartfelt.

Latest Discussions