New WC Youtube Channel (CST Lineage)

MaikuB

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys. Accidently stumbled on a new channel that many people don't seem to know about (i even train in a branch of the same school). Thought i'd share the link for everyone to check out

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wingchunkangaroo

These are videos taken from an Adelaide branch of the IWCA (school opened by the late Sifu Jim Fung who was a student of Chu Shong Tin (Tsui Sheung Tin)) in Australia involving a senior instructor from the school.

Last edited:
OP
M

MaikuB

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, a bit of a strange name but it isn't mine so don't ask me about it ^^;

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is this pretty much the same approach Mook trains? Does anybody know anything about this bloke?

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is this pretty much the same approach Mook trains? Does anybody know anything about this bloke?

Yes it is the same approach Geezer , the man in the videos is one of the chief Instructors of Sifu Jim Fung's Adelaide branch .

The Adelaide head quarters is on the other side of Australia , I was in the Sydney head quarters , but I did meet him once when he came over for a visit and he taught us for a little while.

He's a very humble and unassuming man with great skill , he doesn't look like a fighter , but I tell you what that guy can really move.
I think he started training in about 1981.

On a side note we had an academy get together while he was visiting at a nearby Chinese restaurant one night , my wife and I attended .

He actually calmed me down and persuaded me not to take on four drunken yobs who had arrived at the restaurant and had said something very crude and racist to my Japanese wife as she walked past them in the foyer to go to the ladies room.

I didn't find out about it till much later in the night because my wife wouldn't tell me what was wrong because she knew I would go after them.

OP
M

MaikuB

White Belt
Reaction score
Also, i think if you post a comment on stuff you'd like to see, they may be passed on to CI Tony. And yeah, i forgot that MJM use to train at the academy. Should've mentioned that since the info he posts is usually quite informative and of interest to others here :)

Last edited: