New Training For Door Supervisors Now In Place

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Keen to hear what you all think.

http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/about-news.aspx?newsid=223

I can understand the logic of trying to clean up the industry, but I am not a fan of this. It's a means of making money.

When I did the compulsory training when it first came in, I think it was four days of conflict management and very basic licensing law. It was poor. I asked about restraint and they said it wasn't included as the 'approved' techniques get revised every time one of the little darlings complains of a sore joint. The course kept taking you down a route - if this fails try... - if that fails try.... then the book ends! Not one word about physical intervention.

That course cost around £100 I think, and a license is now £245!

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Keen to hear what you all think.

http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/about-news.aspx?newsid=223

I can understand the logic of trying to clean up the industry, but I am not a fan of this. It's a means of making money.

When I did the compulsory training when it first came in, I think it was four days of conflict management and very basic licensing law. It was poor. I asked about restraint and they said it wasn't included as the 'approved' techniques get revised every time one of the little darlings complains of a sore joint. The course kept taking you down a route - if this fails try... - if that fails try.... then the book ends! Not one word about physical intervention.

That course cost around £100 I think, and a license is now £245!

I doubt you're the only one who sees this problem........perhaps you should form a training company and provide a superior product. It would probably be a pain as regulated as you folks are, but I suspect there would certainly be a market for such a product/service/training.

Of course there may be barriers to this i'm not aware of, but necessity is the mother of invention.