New TOW is up

OP
M

Mark Weiser

My Wife and I sat down last night to look at Tatum's clips. I was blown away from this man's speed and power. the strike and movement was so fast lol that the camera could not catch it lol.

bluenosekenpo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm sure you've seen them, but i believe the when kenpo strikes tapes are a must have. the speed and force of his execution coupled with his depth of knowledge and teaching ability really demonstrates how much there is to learn, sigh, if only i lived in cali., hhmmmm...mon., wed., fri. class with LT, tues., thurs., sat. class with dan inosanto. ...dreamer...

OP
M

Mark Weiser

LOL! I said the same thing to the wife if we were to buy ever tape he offered and the testing fees. It would be about the same price to relocate to his city and train in Person.

OP
G

Gary Crawford

If only money was not an object!He would be one of many i'd train with!

OP
H

Hanzo04

this clip just gives me another reason to study kenpo. LT is amazing! i didn't know he was that fast!

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Honestly I never did either and I been around Kenpo with lower level BB's in real person 3rd Dan or lower. LT learned well from SGM Parker. Oh by the way I am going to get his Tapes one way or another lol!! Dear skip the rent this month LOL!!

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
this clip just gives me another reason to study kenpo. LT is amazing! i didn't know he was that fast!
Mr. Tatums speed in motion kenpo is admirable, indeed. What many forget is that he learned how to be fast from the old man, who was awesome when Mr. Tatum was still on tricycles. Do your kenpo journey a favor, and strive, vigorously, to locate footage of SGM parker demo-ing techniques.

Dave.

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Mr. Tatums speed in motion kenpo is admirable, indeed. What many forget is that he learned how to be fast from the old man, who was awesome when Mr. Tatum was still on tricycles. Do your kenpo journey a favor, and strive, vigorously, to locate footage of SGM parker demo-ing techniques.

Dave.
Let's not forget, Mr. Parker, as good as he was, IS DEAD, and won't be training anyone anytime soon, while on the other hand, Mr. Tatum is very much alive, well, and still teaching on a regular basis. Oh yea, and doing the TOW.

DarK LorD

OP
M

MisterMike

I believe Mr. Parker is happily doing Kenpo in Heaven, faster than anyone down here.

Mekugi

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kewl Beans!

Man he looks as good as he did years ago. Time has been gentle to him. Lucky Bastige!

On the Ed Parker Demo footage, there is some of him out there at AKKI.com( http://www.akki.com/vegas/sept2004/videos.htm ). It looked almost comical how fast it was. I was replaying it to see if it was sped up or not. I couldn't figure!

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sped up. Real time. PS, DKL...what, exactly, was the beginning and ending nature of the relationship btw Mr. Tatum & Mr. Parker?

D.

PS - Are you the same guy who used to assemble motorcycle parts in a garage while in teen years with another kenpo sr.?

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Let's not forget, Mr. Parker, as good as he was, IS DEAD, and won't be training anyone anytime soon, while on the other hand, Mr. Tatum is very much alive, well, and still teaching on a regular basis. Oh yea, and doing the TOW.

DarK LorD
You know, the more I think about this, the more I realize how unecessary and disrespectful this statement is. Mr. Parker, I believe, would have applauded the candor and pragmatism, but would have found a way to say it without being a hole.

Not tHe dArk LorD

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
You know, the more I think about this, the more I realize how unecessary and disrespectful this statement is. Mr. Parker, I believe, would have applauded the candor and pragmatism, but would have found a way to say it without being a hole.

Not tHe dArk LorD
It's called reality, no candor but definitely pragmatic, nor disrespectful as I too was blessed to have been at the hands of Mr. Parker and Mr. Tatum. What an odd juxtaposition we have yes?

DarK LorD