New Site launched!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't discuss the site here because I don't want to be taken for spam. Plus I haven't paid the proper fee to advertise here. However, I just wanted to share my excitement over a site that my friend and I FINALLY launched last night! It is an answer to all the other freelancer sites out there that (I feel) are poorly run. We don't favor the buyers over the sellers like Fiverr, and we don't make you PAY to find work like Elance.

I'm excited, and I just wanted to share it with my MT folks!

OP
wingchun100

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah yes, in many ways launching this site is the best thing that could have happened to me. Not only is it because of the potential for income, but it has also made me finally cut ties with people that I should have ages ago.

Up until yesterday, I was involved with an MLM that shall remain nameless. At any rate I created a Facebook event to invite my friends to help get this site rolling. I get a message from my upline, "Dude, what's this about you inviting other members of this MLM to your site? you don't put any time into the MLM, but you have time to invite people to other income opportunities." In this message he also went on to say how I was "hurting my credibility" by inviting people to these other things.

Some background on this upline: I have been asking him for over a year to sit down with me and help me get the MLM rolling again. I was building pretty high at one point, but then fell off the rails. He always said "yeah we will get around to it," but then never did. The only time he could reach out to me was when my account was about to go inactive (as with all MLM's, my rank affects HIS rank) or if I did something that he perceived as "violating policy and procedure."

The only rule this MLM has that violates P&P is if you got involved in ANOTHER MLM. I assure you: my site is not that. It is a freelancing site where people can offer services to others. We get a small percentage of what sellers get paid for providing this platform, but that does not an MLM make.

So anyway, I write him back and tell him what I just said above: he has had no interest in helping me build ever since I got back, and that if he can't be bothered to HELP me, then he has no business to step in and criticize me. Also, I didn't even invite him to the event so what that means is someone I invited went running to him and told him. So I also threw in there, "If anyone's credibility is hurt, it isn't mine. It's the little snitches that went running to you like a little kindergartener running to tattle to the teacher. I don't want to be on a team of toddlers."

It felt so good and so RIGHT to finally give this guy the boot. I may rejoin with the MLM down the line because I spoke with a customer service rep about what he did. They even visited my site and TOLD me it didn't violate any P&P's. So it was this dick's misinterpretation of the rules that caused the problems.

Then again, I might not even bother. The only thing good about being in this MLM is it would give me a 15% discount if I try to go for my personal trainer certification, which I may do. (Now you know this MLM was fitness-related, but that is the most I will give away LOL.) To quote one of my friends: "If anyone's credibility is hurt, it's YOURS by being involved in an MLM!" I happen to agree.

But let me focus on the positive here: I got a site running that can make some good scratch, AND I finally made the choice to kick that damn bully out of my life!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good wishes and best of luck with your new venture.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it,

If your a site advertising freelance work with a small commission. Doesn't sound like mlm.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk