New rank

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to SHOUT! to my students on a great test to today! You guy's did a super job! And a special thanks to Mr. Jack Hwang for coming down to give his special input. All the best in the arts

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about a short update on what happened and some of those promoted

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes I would love to hear about the test and who did what, at anyrate congrats to all your students

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love hearing about this kind of thing, people's hard work and devotion rewarded with success, and I especially appreciate your pleasure and enthusiastic support of your students, Bret.

A lot of people who don't teach tend to think of teachers in any field as hardass judges who get pleasure out of passing (negative) judgment on them... if only they knew how happy it makes us when they do their best and hit the bullseye. Seeing your own hard-won understanding and capability reproduced in someone you've had a hand in educating... it really gives you the sense that all the effort you put into the process yourself was worth it, eh?

Congratulations to all of them, and to you&#8212;and yes, please give us some details!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Way to go to you and your students, Bret! Yes, please do give some details...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll echo the above - congratulations to your students, and can you give us some details?

OP
B

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
We are a small dojang. We have about 40 students. We tested (5) 10th gups to 9th gup. and we had (1 )8th going for 7th. also we had (2) 4th gups test for 3rd gup. And I tested for 4th dan. It was a great test no one died! Ha Ha! It was our first test, at our new dojang. We held the testing at a local gym. Down the street from our dojang. Grand Master Hwang ran and over seen the testing. We are a member of his federation of schools. All the best in the arts.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And the best to you, Bret. What a great day for your school and all of you with new ranks! I'm throwing in a little something to help the festivities along...

Latest Discussions