New Photography business

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So here is my wife's new website for everyone to check out. Please feel free to offer any advice, comments or suggestions that you have! We're just getting started so constructive critique is appreciated!

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I really like the photo's. She seems to be able to capture the horses personality. Psst: There is one four legged critter in there that does not seem the same as all the rest!

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, you noticed! That actually pops up on a few people's radar! She is considering photographing dogs also at some point...but that's way down the line, for now we just really like our dog! :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I really like the photo's. She seems to be able to capture the horses personality. Psst: There is one four legged critter in there that does not seem the same as all the rest!
It's a horse innit? A bit smaller perhaps but more closely related to the original horses than all the rest... :uhyeah:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like a lot of the photos, especially some of the ones with people where she's got a real sense of playfulness coming through. Like the one with the girl lying down on the horse, or the ones with the girl in the sunglasses...

But I've got a bone to pick with the website... I like seeing links back to the homepage, so that I don't have to go back through several pages to get back to the home...

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But I've got a bone to pick with the website... I like seeing links back to the homepage, so that I don't have to go back through several pages to get back to the home...

Me too - I hate that. Unfortunately, the Simple view code won't allow it. We're looking for a better add in or portfolio software to insert that will work better and allow a link back to the homepage. There is a professional version of simple viewer....but I'm not paying 30 bucks unless I know that it can do that.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The photography is very good :tup:.

As to the site, then, yes, a better foundational software to allow easier navigation is going to be a must. Also, because of the lots of images, each gallery 'page' is quite slow loading (even on my 10meg connection). It's not horrenedously slow (I remember my days on 56kb dial-up :D) but too slow for todays fast-click generation I fear.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me too - I hate that. Unfortunately, the Simple view code won't allow it. We're looking for a better add in or portfolio software to insert that will work better and allow a link back to the homepage. There is a professional version of simple viewer....but I'm not paying 30 bucks unless I know that it can do that.
It's possible. Just a pain in the *** it seems.
Susan figured it out for our site.

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and of course, your site is blocked from work....Do you use simple viewer?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm right in thinking the FL where you live is Florida? If I am, my daughter suggests contacting all the horse racing yards as owners love photos of their horses plus the trainers themselves like good pictures for publicity, websites etc she also said the New York yards will be sending their horses down soon for the winter so you may get more business there too.

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm right in thinking the FL where you live is Florida? If I am, my daughter suggests contacting all the horse racing yards as owners love photos of their horses plus the trainers themselves like good pictures for publicity, websites etc she also said the New York yards will be sending their horses down soon for the winter so you may get more business there too.

I read this post to my wife and the first thing she said what "She's from England, isn't she?" I am baffled by this horse stuff...that's why I drive the truck and do paperwork. Apparently, they are called yards in England, but not here??

Actually, that is a great idea. We used to live in New Jersey where a lot of race horses are bred and there are quite a few tracks around us. We've been talking about getting into Stallion (for stud) photography and the like. The same would work for publicity of Race horses. The hard part is getting the contacts!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read this post to my wife and the first thing she said what "She's from England, isn't she?" I am baffled by this horse stuff...that's why I drive the truck and do paperwork. Apparently, they are called yards in England, but not here??

Actually, that is a great idea. We used to live in New Jersey where a lot of race horses are bred and there are quite a few tracks around us. We've been talking about getting into Stallion (for stud) photography and the like. The same would work for publicity of Race horses. The hard part is getting the contacts!

My daughter is coming training tonight so I'll see if she has any contacts over there, she was going to work there for six months the year of Katrina when the New Yorks yards didn't send their horses down so there was no job!

This is one of the galleries from her bosses website, I think she's in there somewhere but I can't tell lol!
http://website.markjohnstonracing.co.uk/?gal=album&albumid=25

These are the snow ones, you can see why she likes to go to Dubai lol!
http://website.markjohnstonracing.co.uk/?gal=album&albumid=47

OP
MBuzzy

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, if she ever does visit the Florida area, let me know! It sounds like she and my wife would get along!

Latest Discussions