cbjr5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a new member here and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm currently not in any Martial Arts and have never been in one. I have always wanted to take sometype of Martial Arts. I'm at a point in my life that I feel I have the time and money to do it, just have concerns about starting at 42 and overcoming old and new injuries as well as lack of flexability. However, my children are currently in Tae Kwon Do and they love it and look forward to trying other Martial Arts in the future.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT! There are plenty of folks to answer your questions here and quite a few who are over 42...several who started after 42!

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to MartialTalk ... it's never too late to start studying the arts. There are some arts that are more suited to some than others, it's a personal preference. There will be some aches and pains, but as long as there is no injury, there is no harm done.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome and like 14 said there will be bumps and bruises enjoy your Martial Art career

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk.
You're never too old to begin.
If you wait until you're in shape - you'll never start.
A good instructor will understand your legitimate physical limitations and will be able to modify accordingly.

Just, give it a try.
Wouldn't it be cool to share the MA Experience with your children?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

It's never too late to start - and there are plenty of people your age and older who do, including one lady I know who started at 57 and earned her black belt at 63.

OP
C

cbjr5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for welcoming me and your words of encouragement. I'll let you know which Martial Arts I have taken up once I have joined. Because of my work schedule, there is BJJ studio that is near me, which would allow me to attend 3 times a week 1 1/2 sessions. I'm leaning towards the BJJ for now, however, there are two more schools I will be looking at, a Kali/Escrima school and Kung Fu San Soo school. I need to see if their schedules work with me and also would like to observe there classes.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk.

As we get older we may have to warm up longer, but the training is a great way to stay fit. Also we meet some very cool people along the way.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

OP
C

cbjr5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you all for welcoming me and your words of encouragement. I'll let you know which Martial Arts I have taken up once I have joined. Because of my work schedule, there is BJJ studio that is near me, which would allow me to attend 3 times a week 1 1/2 sessions. I'm leaning towards the BJJ for now, however, there are two more schools I will be looking at, a Kali/Escrima school and Kung Fu San Soo school. I need to see if their schedules work with me and also would like to observe there classes.

Well I finally did it and ended up joining Tae Kwon Do. It's the same place my two younger kids go to. The insrtuctors are very knowledable and patient. Not only did I join, I got my wife and older daughter to join also, so it will be a Family Affair. I'm looking forward to my beginings into Martial Arts.

Latest Discussions