new member saying hi to all

sinistersamuri

White Belt
Reaction score
hello martial artists i joined this site to meet other martial artists. ive been training for about 3 months now.at our dojo we do aikijitsu,brazilianjitsu,wingchung,and muay thai boxing. i cant pick a fav. i like them all equally, yet differently. i hope to compete in mma eventually. im 24 6foot4 and 240. i have had some people tell me im too old to start but i disagree inside. any thoughts or comments are welcome. i would to chat with some cool people

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Holy cow, I hope you are not too old to start. I didn't find "my" art until I was in my 30's. Welcome to Martial Talk, best forum on the web!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi!

I've heard that people tend to "peak" at 28 -- that's when the bones are hardest! After that, the bones get brittle with time.

Happy posting and good luck!

Robert

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First : welcome to MT

2nd: I don't think your ever to old to start studying

3rd: If you want to try MMA then go for it. You will never know if you can do it if you do not try

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL ... funny stuff ... I started my first go-round at age 26. At 34 took a break. Started my second go-round at around 42 ... so go figure ... LOL

Hello and welcome to MartialTalk ... enjoy!

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ave.
Took my first martial arts class at age 25 and didn't find the right school until 7 months ago (I'm 32 now).

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...Don't listen to the others..Started in my mid 20's..Restarted after a layoff and an industral accident in my mid 30's...Got real serious in my late 40's..

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Didn't start serious martial arts training til I was 30. Loving every minute of it. Happy posting.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

Age is a state of mind - and 24 is way younger than quite a few of my students!

Latest Discussions