New guy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I joined here because I really wanted a cool online martial arts community to be a part of. As soon as I found this forum I was so happy that it had a generally happy and friendly atmosphere :) Much better than other sites where its just all flaming and unhelpful posts lol

My training has mainly been in Zen Do Kai karate (offshoot of Goju) and in Muay thai.

I've already received some awesome advice and am keen to help out where I can

my username is supposed to sound like jean claude van damme but i think i failed

stay safe and see you all around :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey all,

I joined here because I really wanted a cool online martial arts community to be a part of. As soon as I found this forum I was so happy that it had a generally happy and friendly atmosphere :) Much better than other sites where its just all flaming and unhelpful posts lol

My training has mainly been in Zen Do Kai karate (offshoot of Goju) and in Muay thai.

my username is supposed to sound like jean claude van damme but i think i failed

It does have a certain... Jean Claude Van Damme. o_O Welcome. :cool:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, we think we're pretty cool lol, not sure the kids would though. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The user name worked - I noticed it immediately.

As for the cool place to discuss MA, you've failed. We are far more geeky than cool here. Most of the folks here think they are the exception to that - I know I certainly am - but the more certain they are of their coolness, the more their nerdiness comes through.

But we do have a lot of fun, even if we do snort when we laugh.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

As for the cool place to discuss MA, you've failed. We are far more geeky than cool here. Most of the folks here think they are the exception to that - I know I certainly am - but the more certain they are of their coolness, the more their nerdiness comes through.

I'm a legend in my own mind

Reaction score
Welcome I thought the same thing until I read this page than I understood all the weird answers I was getting. If you start a serious post tag me I'm down. Although I am more kung-fu than karate it would be pretty neat to compare.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey all,

If anything John Called Van Lamb is more a threatening name than Van Damme.. like they call him Van Lamb but he is really a wolf in uh lamb clothing oooh.. Hey welcome aboard, good to have you here xo

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

..and also wear bowties! tho only because there is nothing more perturbing to an opponent than a bowtie under a gi aha! #strategic :p

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome, bro. :)

wingerjim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey all,

Welcome hope you too like it as much as I do.

Latest Discussions