Need some help finding data

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My Google-Fu skills are weak today.

I have seen a list of the top 10 types of assaults. I believe it was generated by the FBI with the Uniform Crime Reporting data. I remember items such as a wrist grab, simple punch to the face, etc. However, I will be durned if I can find that list or one similar to it anywhere.

If you have it, or have a link to it, would you mind posting it?

Thanks in advance! <bowing while typing>

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
The FBI stats won't get you down details within an assault (like punch, kick/ grab, headlock), it must have been a different source.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here's one for starters;

10 MOST COMMON STREET ATTACKS
One person pushes, hands to chest, which is normally followed by the pushee striking first, to the head.
A swinging punch to the head.
A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head.
A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a head butt.
A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
A bottle, glass, or ashtray to the head.
A lashing kick to groin/lower legs.
A broken bottle/glass jabbed to face.
A slash with knife, most commonly a 3 to 4" lock blade knife or kitchen utility knife.
A grappling style head lock.
This is based on information supplied by Law Enforcement; instructors will set up scenarios for students that mirror the top 10 street attacks; students will be taught to understand the dynamics of the situation as well as the techniques that can be used to deal with them.

Central London Krav Maga : Tel. 0791 261 6361
:asian:

OP
Balrog

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That looks a lot like the one I saw. Some different things in it, which is good. Thanks for posting it!

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Something to remember, though, is that the most "common assaults" are both culturally and socially influenced&#8230; what's the most common in one country is not necessarily the most common in another. Types of weapons used, the prevalence of group/gang assaults versus smaller-scale, the size of a community, and more can change what's common. Lists such as the one K-Man gave can give an idea&#8230; but you're better off only looking at them for an idea, rather than being definitely applicable to your area. Research should be done as locally as you can.

Latest Discussions