Need help in RI/CT area

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone/school in the RI or CT area that teaches Shaolin Kempo style martial arts and that has an instructor that is a 6th Dan or higher? Thank you.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Why 6th degree or higher? are you looking for the adv. forms or combos? are you in the upper black belt yourself? You can go to the original instructor SGM Pesare, hes in RI. You will not get the SKK adv. stuff but you will learn a lot. Just do not get to carried away with rank. They may have a lot of material but do not understand the basics. Ranks are bought all the time and a low rank of Kempo can go and buy a high rank on the internet.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with the last poster. Having a 6th dan isn't a relevant requirement for picking a school. There are 2nd and 3rd dans out there that are far better than many of the 6th dans.
Then there is the issue where you can buy 6th 7th and 8th dans over eBay and websites for around $50.

AoG

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I agree with the last poster. Having a 6th dan isn't a relevant requirement for picking a school. There are 2nd and 3rd dans out there that are far better than many of the 6th dans.
Then there is the issue where you can buy 6th 7th and 8th dans over eBay and websites for around $50.

AoG
+

All this time and money on lessons and I could have just gone to ebay for $50......damn where were you 20 years ago. ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
From karate-dragon's profile
Primary Art and Ranking Shaolin Kempo, 4th Dan

I'm not a kempo guy but that may be why the need for a 6th Dan or higher

OP
K

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Actually that is why and just hoping to learn some of the styles higher material. Thank you.

sksk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
May want to try Jerry and Nancy Simon. They are in Fairfield, CT.
Both high ranks SKK. hope this helps.

George