Need help finding this sword.

C

ColSamatoshi

So far, I've only seen 1 source for obtaining this paticular sword - and unfortunately the seller never shipped it.

http://pics2.spoonfeeder.com/AieFTPFiles/AIEUser/YU97QG4YTDCM/H62HBPGXAEU2.jpg
H62HBPGXAEU2.jpg

If anyone here happens to know of anyplace I might find this, PLEASE let me know.

splice42

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That's not a sword, that's a "samurai 3000 ninja" sword like object. It's made out of stainless steel, so the only purpose here is to hang on the wall to be admired.

Now you have the name, just use google. I'll be damned if I point someone to this POS. Enjoy it for what it is, though. I'm sure it looks pretty.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Use only as a decoration.

This is a cheaply-made stage prop at best, and VERY dangerous to use for even a kata.

Such "swords" have a rat-tail tang, and that this is attached to the blade by a poor quality weld. It's not entirely surprising that blades from such swords have been known to snap off even during a regular swing without any contact.

Also, such swords can easily break with any moderate impact. Just use your favorite search engine to find the "shattering sword video" where some poor fellow on QVC ended up getting stuck pretty badly.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've seen this at a mall store here... it's too bad that it is a crappy made pos... it is pretty...
If you still want it (to decorate your wall) then pm me and I'll refer you... :rolleyes:

if a person wants something bad enough then they'll find it.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A good source for wall hangers is BudK. I wouldn't use any of their swords for anything other than decoration though.
http://budk.com/

OP
C

ColSamatoshi

Lol, no WONDER I couldn't find another source! crooked little b****** mis-named it!

And no - I wasn't planning on using something like this, wanted to get one to use as a model for making a fully combat capible one(or at LEAST a sturdier version). :D

THANK YOU, to all of you! (bows)

Charles Mahan

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What purpose would a fully "combat ready" version of that sword serve? You won't be able to train in any sword art that I'm familiar with. It's not a replica from movie or book. The $79.99 version is good enough for cosplay.

Why do you want it?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
ColSamatoshi said:
Lol, no WONDER I couldn't find another source! crooked little b****** mis-named it!

And no - I wasn't planning on using something like this, wanted to get one to use as a model for making a fully combat capible one(or at LEAST a sturdier version). :D

If you really want to do that, then I would say save your money and work off the picture. If you have the metal working skills to make a combat sword, I would think you could use the picture as a guide, but then make your own realistic decisions about the design of the final piece.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
ColSamatoshi said:

Bear in mind that the UC version of this sword is not comfortable to wield (this is according to others who own it). Maybe you would want to smooth out the metal in the handle?

The other thing to consider is that the handle has to fit the tang of the blade snugly - without any kind of rattle. You do not want the tang to move around inside the handle when you swing it; that would put more force on the tang which can eventually lead to breaking. That is why the handles of real swords are made of wood, wrapped with leather, wire - or in the case of katana, silk ito (or cotton in cheaper kats) over same (rayskin).

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
isnt that the sword from "Blade"?

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Check out this sword made by Michael "Tinker" Pearce, called "The Zombie Slayer". Obviously inspired by Blade's sword:

ZK2.jpg

Specs:
Overall Length- 36-5/8 inches
Blade Length- 27-3/8 inches
Blade width @ Base- 1-1/8 inches
Blade Width 1-1/2 inches from point-1/2 inch
Blade Thickness @ base: approx .21 inch
Blade thickness 1-1/2 inches from point- .1 inch
Hilt Length- 9-1/4 inches
Weight- 1lb 10-1/2 oz.
COG- 2 inches from guard
COP- 17 inches from guard

It's expensive ($750), but you're paying for quality. Heck, I would buy one myself if I had the extra funds. I've met Tinker a couple times and handled some of his swords; he knows what he's doing!