Name that Radio Show

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been involved in martial arts about 25 years and I have also worked in radio sbout 19. I have decided to combine the 2 and might be launching a weely martial arts talk show at the station I work at. I am looking for some suggestions for a name for the show.

The show will focus on Martial Arts, MMA, Boxing, Local tournaments, national events, interviews, self defense etc...

Thanks

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, Being a former On air personality...and still doing an occasional voice over... this sounds like fun!

Martial Talk.....? :) (already in use for this forum)

Need more specifics to OCD over :)

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
wow!! this is crazy, i also work in radio, i do voice over's, PSA's and stand in's
we play oldies, you can listen on the net:)

bluejpg1.jpg

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
perhaps something like kiai raidio? or kata radio? LOL best i can do ..

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure how this would work with copyright laws and such, but I have a good idea for a name, but the intro song would have to accompany it...

Mortal Talkshow

Just get the theme from the Mortal Kombat movie, and overlay Talkshow over Kombat when the guy is screaming it in the song...

Besides, that song always get me pumped up.

OP
P

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I already have some original music for theme music. My friend is a musician.

I am trying think think of a cool name that maybe blends traditional and modern. Usually I am good with stuff like this. I know there use to be a show back in the 90's called "Warrior Talk".

Keep em coming...

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
just call it "martial law" or just call it what it is,,, " the martial arts"
i don't think you can go wrong with that:)

OP
P

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought about just Martial Arts Weekly, it definately gets the point across. I also really like "Ground N Pound Weekly".

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought about just Martial Arts Weekly, it definately gets the point across. I also really like "Ground N Pound Weekly".

Ground N Pound Weekly".,that sounds like something you would buy at the corner meat store, uh yes please can i have a Ground N Pound , oh and please make that lean.:lfao: no disrespect,just having fun.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ground N Pound Weekly".,that sounds like something you would buy at the corner meat store, uh yes please can i have a Ground N Pound , oh and please make that lean.
Would you like that made with Round?

OP
P

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I like that, except I use Brian Michaels on the air, but I do like that. Maybe something like "Kickin It". on another forum I had a suggestion for "On The Mat" that would encompass most martial arts, boxing, MMA etc...

Other ideas I have had suggested.

TKO Weekly
Combat Chat
The Dojo

Latest Discussions