My training with Guro Krishna

D

dohap

Last week I got a pleasure to visit England, combining short vacation with training under one of my teachers and friends - Pangulong Guro Krishna Godhania.
He is already well known teacher and His background and lineage can be easily found at www.krishnagodhania.com :supcool:
I know Him through Sayoc Kali community (we both lead Sayoc training groups in our countries) but this time I had chance to learn more from His vast knowledge and expierience.
One of the systems Guro Krishna trained during His travels to Philippines is Kalis Ilustrisimo. It was great (and sometimes painfull...) expierience to compare traditional version He teaches with techniques I know from Ray Floro's lineage.
After discussing and training KI Guro showed me another great but not so well-known system - Warrior's Escrima. A lot of time was dedicated to analyse system's structure and combine some of its training methods with Kalis Ilustrisimo's principles. Surprising they match each other very well.
Most of training time was dedicated to free and semi-free sparring with most often used weapons: sticks, knife, espada y daga and sibat. It was really great expierience and most valuable practice for me.
Last day I got a bonus: Guro showed me very rare stick techniques from Master Atong Garcia. Reverse grip used in this system is a little bit different to Ilustrisimo's yet pretty effective in close range.
A lot of good training (intense and fun) and great time visiting famous Middland's sights - all of this thanks to Guro Krishna. :asian:
If visiting England for vacation or other reason don't forget to find time to train with Him. :ultracool

Latest Discussions