My son's Weapons and Kata

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd be careful what I put online. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a bunch of total strangers watching my kid. Just be aware of it the risks of these kind of things. You have put your sons name, his age, his picture, his location and his main hobby online for anyone to see.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be careful what I put online. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a bunch of total strangers watching my kid. Just be aware of it the risks of these kind of things. You have put your sons name, his age, his picture, his location and his main hobby online for anyone to see.
There is less risk online than the media fury would lead us to believe.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is less risk online than the media fury would lead us to believe.
Actually I know from first hand experience this can happen. A friend of mine posted a video of his daughter sparring and had someone message them saying they were a world renowned trainer who could make her a superstar and to send her along to an address he gave. Luckily my friend wasn't an idiot and told the police, turns out that guy was a repeated rapist

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

Thanks for your concern. We are very careful. Everything runs through me so we haven't any problems. I got 17 years of L.E. part of which was investigating white collar crime and identity theft.

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes but we call it Pal Sec.

The style he trains in is a Korean Karate so there are some minor differences.

Ah so this is the tournament in Ruston. How is that one? Are you in the South District for the USKA? The host many tournaments in LA.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah so this is the tournament in Ruston. How is that one? Are you in the South District for the USKA? The host many tournaments in LA.

It's good, but a little biased as our Sensei hosts it. Lol. Typically has a real good turnout though.

South central.

One of the USKA founder and late president taught in Ruston @LA Tech so there are a lot of USKA member Dojos in Louisiana and a lot of tournaments.

It's a pretty good circuit down here with Louisiana and Texas tourneys.

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's good, but a little biased as our Sensei hosts it. Lol. Typically has a real good turnout though.

South central.

One of the USKA founder and late president taught in Ruston @LA Tech so there are a lot of USKA member Dojos in Louisiana and a lot of tournaments.

It's a pretty good circuit down here with Louisiana and Texas tourneys.

Oh nice Master Cotton is your Instructor. I've seen some videos of him competing he's been around for a while.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I know from first hand experience this can happen. A friend of mine posted a video of his daughter sparring and had someone message them saying they were a world renowned trainer who could make her a superstar and to send her along to an address he gave. Luckily my friend wasn't an idiot and told the police, turns out that guy was a repeated rapist
I never denied that it happens. You have to admit, though, that the episode you mention is not particularly dangerous to anyone who has the sense not to just send their kids off without checking up on the person.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never denied that it happens. You have to admit, though, that the episode you mention is not particularly dangerous to anyone who has the sense not to just send their kids off without checking up on the person.
I wouldn't take the risk to be honest it's not worth it just to show off my kid and quite honestly that's all the op is doing is saying look how awesome my kid is.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take the risk to be honest it's not worth it just to show off my kid and quite honestly that's all the op is doing is saying look how awesome my kid is.
And nothing wrong with that. Parents have been doing that since time immemorial. Some folks enjoy it.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
And nothing wrong with that. Parents have been doing that since time immemorial. Some folks enjoy it.
Never said there was but still wouldn't take the risk of it. I mean the kids 11. I don't know if you have kids but if you do would you be fine with your 11 year old posting online to total strangers his name, his age, his location, a photo and a video of himself and his hobby

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yes I am quite proud of my son. He has worked extremely hard over the last 7 years at karate.

I was under the impression posting videos on this forum was the main point of this forum?

And nothing wrong with posting name, age, and what town we live in. That is all public info. Nothing to worry about and no reason to hide it.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I cannot tell you how happy I am to see that he is not doing XMA and fancy tricking.

I think he has some real promise. His stances are better than most that I see. And that is huge.

Latest Discussions