My Ninjutsu experience

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
First, i hope post is not to long. If it is, delete it, i understand.

Here is my ninjutsu experience, which i want to share with you, and i hope somebody will
comment because i am very interested in your opinnion.

So...

I heard that some ninjutsu master
camed from india in my town to teach ninjutsu. I
also heard he wan't train anybody, but it wans't problem
for me to enter his dojo. He told that he was 10 years in
india learning ninjutsu and meditation. That was ALL we knowed about him.
I checked, he talks true - at least part he was in India (i checked his passport in police).
He was very misterious and weird man.

I didn't want miss a chance to train ninjutsu, because
in my country it's one of the "secret" things, what some
dream about, like me. I always wondering how it would be nice to live
in some big country where i can train what i want.
We started to train.

He told that we will train like almost nobody, and that after 5 trainings numbers of students
will dramatically decrease. Well, at first training there was twenty of us, at third training four of us.
And that number didn't change until the end of our classes.

Why. Well, here is description from few trainings.

First, second, and third training:

He showed us some basic moves and stances, explained ninjutsu philosophy and history. Are dojo
was some old leaved building, half destroyed, in totally dark, and only light was few candles.
It was cold and ****** to train in that conditions (but not for me).

Fourth training:

He started to climb at the top of the building. We followed him upstairs. Than he sad: I go down. Who want, can follow
me. But, he didn't go downstairs - he climbed down by outer wall of the building (third floor). Sixteen goes down, four of
us followed him. I **** my pants off. He started to run. We run some about one hout, pretty fast. We stoped in front of old
castle. It was scary castle, empty, ruined, cold, ******, full of animals, ruined stairs, holes, and so on. Hi said let's go inside:
there was so much dark that you wouldn't see white cat in front of you. He lighted a battery and taked us to top floor. He said, you
got two one rule and one goal. Rule: don't separate. Goal: get out of the castle. He turned baterry of and dissapeared.
Ohhhh, how scary it was. Girl alomost started cry. We taked each other for hands and start moving torward. Veeeeery slowly.
I was first. I feelt no floor under my first leg. Stoped and throwed some litlle rock there. It took about 2 seconds to fall down.
Imagine how ****** would it be if we hurried, we all be death. We said that this man is maniac and we will call police after we get out.
I tooked about hour to leave castle (opposite to 5 minutes entering it), with few close - death times. Girl cried all the time. When we leaved
he waited out for us. He said: Before you run away from me, tell me, did you learn something from this? We said no. He said:
Yes, you did. Never leave man in trouble. Kill your ego. If any of you decided to go alone he would be at hospital or dead now.
You are real team. We know he was right...he let us go home. I told my parrents we just talked at training.

Fifth training: Four of us. We went to the forest, found a good place, and do tehniques for on two hours. Than, he founded a tree
which looks impossible to climb on it. Very impossible. He sad - each one of you must climb to that tree. We figured
if one of would stand on the floor, and one on his shoulders, and one more at his shoulders, we would be a man-tree and last one
could climb to tree among us. We did it, and exchanged 4 times so every of us can climb. He let us home then. We were broken.

Then, next training, he told us we will do an shuriken defense. He supposed to attack us with plastic shuriken. But he didn't.
With no explanation how to defense, he started throwing REAL shurikens at us, and we were empty handed and no shield. For 10 minutes.

Next training, when we meet, he gaved us name of some street we never heard of, and said: you have 15 minutes to get there.
We founded city plan, and realized there is no chance for us to get there for ten minutes. Every of us goes different way.
I get there first because i stealed some bike on my way (i bringed it back after training). He said he is suprised with me.
We did some tehniques and go home.

Next training, after tehniques (btw, we did tehniques bruttaly and near bone breaking, and he didn't teach us how - we should figure it alone)
we were jumping from some really high places, walked on edge of skycrappers,fighted with real shurikens, and clombed to impossible
places.

In town there started rumours that we were crazy and not normal because doing that. But we didn't give up.

Later, we learned: how to spy, how to poison and kill man with poison that dissapear from body in 5 minutes, how to gain informations
through piramidal structure, where are most dangerous body pressure points etc.

We trained for a year, four times a week. It' lucky we lived so long, looked from this point.

Maybe we were silly and crazy, but we learned respect self and others, and also most ipmortant help others.
I breaked all my fears: from high; from speed, from dark, from everything. Not just breaked them, but taked control over them.

From then, my life changed pretty much, and my look and feel for martial arts.

I don't feel sorry for things we done, but anyway sometimes i ask my self was it reasonable to get in life danger situtations
with no unavoidable reason.

We didn't have any ranking, but sensei before leaving said we can consider us Taijutsu 1. dan.

He leaved without saying goodbye.

It was my experience with Ninjutsu, if i can call it like that. And master went back to India.

What you think about this? Anybody with similary crazy master?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do I think about this? Honestly, at the moment, I'm speechless. Actually, I could probably think of a few things to say, but none are proper for the forum.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's brown, soft, squishy, sometimes solid, sometimes liquid, sometimes has corn in it, and smells really bad?

Besides this story I mean?

TheStudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Given this day and age, I have to assume one of two things. I'm not accusing, just pointing out the only options.
1) you made this up.
2) This is a true story.

If you made this up, I feel sorry for you, since it should be painfully obvious there are very knowledgible and experienced people on this forum that will shishkabob your story.

If this is true, I feel sorry for you and your friends. There are tons of resources available (books, videos, websites, etc.) that will give you a realistic picture of ninjutsu. This story sounds more like you were out LARPing and should have known better.

J Ellis

Green Belt
Reaction score
Didn't Ashida Kim Sensei tell you acknowledging the existence of the society's secret training sessions was punishable by death?

It's been nice knowing you.

Joel

OP
TigerLove

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, story is true, and you people acted like idiots in this thread. And, no, you have no reason to be sorry about me, because it was beautiful experience to me.

I don't see why someone should laugh at me because this kind of training, but obviouslly i am not so open minded and smart as you are, so i can't understand these moron replies to my message.

Also, feel sorry for you.

Cheers.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You don't have to feel sorry for us, I don't speak for most of us. I think most of us are happy with just training in Taijutsu and some weaponry. You know, training something usefull.

But to be honest, I've learned a thing from your story.
That if I'm trapped in a haunted castle, I need to turn on my flashlight, before I start walking.

OP
TigerLove

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, if you have it. If you don't, you seem to me like the choosen one to not go out of the castle. And, remember Murphy!! You know if found yourself in dark castle, no, you wan't have a light, most probably.

It's very useful, it have been for me. And things i learned there, i don't know where else will i learn it. One thing is imagine how it would be to do some stuff, and other thing is DO it.

I don't say i am some ninjutsu master or something like that (yea right). I am just saying we had a training where we were in high stress and danger situations, left on or own. We can completely throw Ninjutsu out of this story if somebody ego is hurted. We may call it just survival training.

Necessary? Well not, i am not going to war (hope so), i am still computer programmer training martial arts, not warrior. But, if it isn't necessary it doesn't mean it can't be useful, or at least interesting.

You call it useless? Well you can't imagine how useful it was for many stuff. At the end, special forces train that way, in that kind of situtations. Cavers? Also, ask them is that kind of training useless.

Still, i don't see for any reasonable reason for laughing at me (considering i am talkin with someone civilized).

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was having some sort of laugh, but I will answer this seriously.

When, ever in your life will you see the need to use this training?
Climbing off a building? Use the stairs (elevators make you fat)

Walking in a dark castle? Most of the times castles are completely off-limits. So either you are breaking the law, or else you are in a place you should not be. I presume you don't live in a castle? Compare it to your own house? Probably not, you know your way around subconciously most of the times.

Getting somewhere in time? Drive faster or leave earlier.

Dodging shuriken? Never seen a ninja on the streets (although that means they are good at what they do).

All these situations were unneccesarily dangerous for you and your friends. What if someone got killed, your "sensei" would have had blood on his hands and most likely run at the first sign of trouble.
Train smart and if you want to toughen up, go all contact taijutsu.

OP
TigerLove

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, we almost agree now (see, all you needed to do was answer seriously and civilized not laughing with no reason).

Like i said, i am computer programmer training martial arts, and not warrior. I wan't use this things in life, probably never. But, that doesn't mean it isn't interesting, to see and do some stuff.

Plus, since my six years, i fear of heights, of dark, of bugs, and combination of that. If wasn't for that training, maybe i would have that fears all my life. When i first camed, i couldn't climb to ladders without shaking. I couldn't step into dark without panic. Now i can be chilly there like in my badroom slepping.

Do you know how much self confidence since then am i having? Much, much more.

This training hepled me in much more stuff..i wish i have proper surrounding to share it.

And, you are right about sensei: at first sign of trouble he would be in problems or runed away. As i said, he was weird. And yes, we breaked the low entering in some places. But, it wasn't law, it was "law". So not problem at all.

Last edited:

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Let me make it clear. We don't agree, I'm just being polite.

I still laugh with the story, because it is so absurd.

OP
TigerLove

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can you tell me what is apsurd here? I really don't understand.

This is nothing but simply survival training (except some taijutsu).

What's so weird about survival trainings? Jesus.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi TigerLove,

Well, let me see if I can shed some light on why you have been getting the responces you have. I'll take this from your first post here (my responces in blue).

First, i hope post is not to long. If it is, delete it, i understand.

Hey, length is something I keep inflicting on others, so I have no problem with that...

Here is my ninjutsu experience, which i want to share with you, and i hope somebody will
comment because i am very interested in your opinnion.

Then I ask that you don't get upset with our opinions. Let's see how we go.

So...

I heard that some ninjutsu master
camed from india in my town to teach ninjutsu. I
also heard he wan't train anybody, but it wans't problem
for me to enter his dojo. He told that he was 10 years in
india learning ninjutsu and meditation. That was ALL we knowed about him.
I checked, he talks true - at least part he was in India (i checked his passport in police).
He was very misterious and weird man.

So other than verifying that he was in India at some point, there are no credentials that are being backed up, right? Without a name, system, organisation, or otherwise, you will get nothing but an immediate suspicion over the reality of your claims.

Which school of ninjutsu? Who did he learn from? What was his name? What makes you think (or able to recognise) this was ninjutsu?

I didn't want miss a chance to train ninjutsu, because
in my country it's one of the "secret" things, what some
dream about, like me. I always wondering how it would be nice to live
in some big country where i can train what i want.
We started to train.

Now here I don't want to be offensive at all, but that smacks of someone willing to take advantage of others ignorance. In other circles I have heard of guys going to Croatia (this is where you are, correct? I have a memory of checking that earlier, but it seems to have disappeared from your profile now), and taking advantage of the superstitions there (with magic tricks and illusions).

And if you really want to train in ninjutsu in Croatia, might I suggest www.bujinkan.hr, it really isn't as secret as you may think.

He told that we will train like almost nobody, and that after 5 trainings numbers of students
will dramatically decrease. Well, at first training there was twenty of us, at third training four of us.
And that number didn't change until the end of our classes.

Honestly, that does not bode well.

Why. Well, here is description from few trainings.

First, second, and third training:

He showed us some basic moves and stances, explained ninjutsu philosophy and history. Are dojo
was some old leaved building, half destroyed, in totally dark, and only light was few candles.
It was cold and ****** to train in that conditions (but not for me).

The obvious questions here are: How did you know it was Ninjutsu techniques and kamae? How do you know that his history and philosophy have any basis in the realities of the Japanese arts (not Indian) of the Ninja? What reference did or do you have other than this "mysterious man" and what he was telling you?

But more to the point, can you actually give any examples of what you actually trained? Can you give any description of the techniques, the postures, the history or philosophy (as explained to you) for a more indepth opinion? Because at this point we have nothing but an uninformed report to go on, and no details to back any of it up.

Fourth training:

He started to climb at the top of the building. We followed him upstairs. Than he sad: I go down. Who want, can follow
me. But, he didn't go downstairs - he climbed down by outer wall of the building (third floor). Sixteen goes down, four of
us followed him. I **** my pants off. He started to run. We run some about one hout, pretty fast. We stoped in front of old
castle. It was scary castle, empty, ruined, cold, ******, full of animals, ruined stairs, holes, and so on. Hi said let's go inside:
there was so much dark that you wouldn't see white cat in front of you. He lighted a battery and taked us to top floor. He said, you
got two one rule and one goal. Rule: don't separate. Goal: get out of the castle. He turned baterry of and dissapeared.
Ohhhh, how scary it was. Girl alomost started cry. We taked each other for hands and start moving torward. Veeeeery slowly.
I was first. I feelt no floor under my first leg. Stoped and throwed some litlle rock there. It took about 2 seconds to fall down.
Imagine how ****** would it be if we hurried, we all be death. We said that this man is maniac and we will call police after we get out.
I tooked about hour to leave castle (opposite to 5 minutes entering it), with few close - death times. Girl cried all the time. When we leaved
he waited out for us. He said: Before you run away from me, tell me, did you learn something from this? We said no. He said:
Yes, you did. Never leave man in trouble. Kill your ego. If any of you decided to go alone he would be at hospital or dead now.
You are real team. We know he was right...he let us go home. I told my parrents we just talked at training.

None of this is anything to do with Ninjutsu training. It is one person taking advantage of others. You know this because you refused to tell your parents what you actually did (which does beg the question, Tiger, how old are you?). None of this is Ninjutsu.

Fifth training: Four of us. We went to the forest, found a good place, and do tehniques for on two hours. Than, he founded a tree
which looks impossible to climb on it. Very impossible. He sad - each one of you must climb to that tree. We figured
if one of would stand on the floor, and one on his shoulders, and one more at his shoulders, we would be a man-tree and last one
could climb to tree among us. We did it, and exchanged 4 times so every of us can climb. He let us home then. We were broken.

See above. Not Ninjutsu.

Then, next training, he told us we will do an shuriken defense. He supposed to attack us with plastic shuriken. But he didn't.
With no explanation how to defense, he started throwing REAL shurikens at us, and we were empty handed and no shield. For 10 minutes.

Purely stupid. Not Ninjutsu. And not training, if there was no instruction. You should have left earlier, but this would be the final straw. Oh, and so you know, the Japanese have not used a shield since about the 6th or 7th Century, so you wouldn't get one even in a legitimate school.

Next training, when we meet, he gaved us name of some street we never heard of, and said: you have 15 minutes to get there.
We founded city plan, and realized there is no chance for us to get there for ten minutes. Every of us goes different way.
I get there first because i stealed some bike on my way (i bringed it back after training). He said he is suprised with me.
We did some tehniques and go home.

At this point it is seeming that his entire methodology is to give you some imagined challenge which is nothing to do with Ninjutsu, but can be interpretted as a very warped take on the more imagined/hollywood version. And now you are deliberately breaking the law to go along with it. This is not going well.

Next training, after tehniques (btw, we did tehniques bruttaly and near bone breaking, and he didn't teach us how - we should figure it alone)
we were jumping from some really high places, walked on edge of skycrappers,fighted with real shurikens, and clombed to impossible
places.

Again, there is no instruction. And what makes you describe the shuriken as "real"? Can you describe them (shape, size, weight)? I will be more than happy to give you an appraisal based on actual details here.

In town there started rumours that we were crazy and not normal because doing that. But we didn't give up.

Later, we learned: how to spy, how to poison and kill man with poison that dissapear from body in 5 minutes, how to gain informations
through piramidal structure, where are most dangerous body pressure points etc.

Not sure what you mean by "piramidal structure" here... do you mean shaped like a pyramid? Oh, and the poisons? These things are simply not taught, and unless you actually used them on someone (I sincerely hope not!), how do you know that anything you were shown actually does anything you were told? There has been little to give any credibility to what you have gone through so far, the crazy rumours seem quite correct.

We trained for a year, four times a week. It' lucky we lived so long, looked from this point.

Maybe we were silly and crazy, but we learned respect self and others, and also most ipmortant help others.
I breaked all my fears: from high; from speed, from dark, from everything. Not just breaked them, but taked control over them.

I have to ask this, how esxactly did you learn respect for self and others, or to help others? There seems to be nothing about that in anything you have mentioned so far, apart from possibly the philosophy you alluded to earlier. But even if that is the case, the rest of what you went through seems to contradict this idea. You were shown no respect for your health, spirit, body, or anything really. And there was nothing about helping others, just a few allusions to team work.

If someone is constantly putting you in danger, without concern for your wellbeing or safety, then that is not respect.

From then, my life changed pretty much, and my look and feel for martial arts.

I don't feel sorry for things we done, but anyway sometimes i ask my self was it reasonable to get in life danger situtations
with no unavoidable reason.

Was it reasonable? No. Was it avoidable? Yes. Was any of it Ninjutsu? Not from any description I have seen here.

We didn't have any ranking, but sensei before leaving said we can consider us Taijutsu 1. dan.

Under who's authority? And in which Ryu or organisation? And how is it to be recognised?

He leaved without saying goodbye.

It was my experience with Ninjutsu, if i can call it like that. And master went back to India.

No, without any backing, I don't think it should be refered to as Ninjutsu. And you trained with him for a year, and you still don't have a name?

Honestly, this all sounds like someone inventing what they imagine Ninjutsu training to be, or want it to be, then going on to find some way to live out these fantasies, and that happened to be you. I'm glad you can find some positive for yourself out of it, but please realise that it will not be regarded as legitimate, authentic, or anything other than fantasy play by actual practitioners of the arts.

What you think about this? Anybody with similary crazy master?

There have been stories of similar for a long time, some of the most infamous are very well known, and have had quite a following, including having books published, and being taken seriously by many people who simply don't know any better. But it is always fantasy, and will always get the same responce from actual practitioners.

OP
TigerLove

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
@Chris Parker

Thank you for the post, sad to say, but your post is only smart and good response to my story.

Well, i did a mistake sayin it was ninjutsu training - it was survival training with some taijutsu and koppojutsu work, so i said ninjutsu and i said wrong.
Probably this is far far from what ninjutsu is.

About sensei, his organization is Bujinkan. We visited his club hi started in Serbia, which has about fifty students. Also, he showed to us some pictures from training in Japan and India. Also, he is pretty well known around here (but yes, all people say for him he is weird). Yes, i didn't wrote this at first post, but then i wroted what i know about him, and i am writing what others know. I think he couldn't fake it all, plus his Koppojutsu and Taijutsu knowledge was very good, and i heard that from many sides. I said he lived in India and he is weird, but not that he is someone who anybody never heard of. I believe in his skill and think he is not a lyer.

About stories, i meant that often after training he told us some
usefull and nice storied about life, often with animals in main rolls (if this mean something to you).

About shurikens, i can't say exact dimensions because you have different measure systems and i don't know them. But they were very very sharp, and made of metal. And they are real, well they can heart someone badly - i think it's inaff to call'em real. There was shurikens wuth 4 stars nad with 6 stars.

Piramidal structure - i think of way and tactics about collecting informations. You know what i mean.

Poisons. Offcourse we didn't try it. But yes, offcourse there are some chemical supstances dangerous for humans, and hard to discover after use. I think nobody can deny it, no matter learned it in school chemistry classes, or way like this.

How i learn to respect others in trouble. Well, by team work. There is no allusions on team work - it is or it isn't.

About your last part, yes, me too considers this survival training, and not ninjutsu training (but i can deny we did taijutsu and koppojutsu).

Maybe conversation wouldn't go at this silly way if i just wrote "My survival training experience".

And, i am also happy because i pulled out something positive for me out of that experience.

I am just so sorry because people here makes me now shame, i feel like idiot., and think i didn't deserved it. I didn't expect that at all.

About my years, i am 21 - and i live alone. But that doesn't mean that my parents doesn't ask me what i do on trainings. They are worried when i go just sparring, so i decided to don't tell em' this. And my location dissapeared because i experinted something with my profile, it's back now.

Ok, it's clear to me: people here now think i am an idiot. Ok, my guilty because exposing this, i could see that it will end up this way.

Last edited:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Really? He was Bujinkan? Hmm, he's throwing a fair bit of fantasy in then, it's not exactly what you get in Bujinkan schools. No wonder he gets considered "weird". But your story didn't read like any Bujinkan teacher, so that is probably why people immediately went to the conclusion that it was far from legitimate. And as I said, this is a very, uh, "unorthodox" approach to say the least.

To let you know with the shuriken, though, the most common in the Ninjutsu community (if we can use that term) is the Senban Shuriken, or Teppan. These are four pointed flat metal discs, shaped very much like squares with the edges scalloped, and a square hole in the centre. The thing to know here, though, and a good way to tell the real ones from the more common store-bought fake ones, is that they are incredibly light. The ones in stores are not. The first time I held some authentic Senban shuriken I was amazed, they were about a third or a quarter the weight of what I was used to. Just for your information, there.

I think that almost no matter what you had called the story, it would have had similar responces. The entire thing reads like the kind of irresponsible, unethical, unprofessional, dangerous practices that people with heads full of fantasy engage in, and give everyone in martial arts a very bad name. However, the Ninjutsu community tends to get this kind of thing a bit more than other martial arts, so it has simply happened quicker than it would have.

OP
TigerLove

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, i believe he was. And also i believe he is throwed some fantasy in. Yes, i to think that this is not exatcly what i get in Bujinkan school. Yes, my teacher maybe is faker, and that's why my whole story is fake together with me???
I really dislike this approach.

Shurikens, well they were like you say, except they wasn't so much easy. We had only two shurikens which were incredibly light. Others were their copy but much more weight.

Well, that was irresponsible, unethical, unprofessional, dangerous practices that people with heads full of fantasy engage in. And, besides what i mentioned i learned, i want to add that sometimes only way to understand that your fantasies are unreal and dangerous, is to try them. I got my fantasies become real, and i realized why some things are called fantasies. I think it's very good lesson.

Still, i don't see why to making fun out of me here. Don't se nothing negative in my story and posts..

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions