my Martial Arts blog - how original!

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is very young (as am I) but I think I have some good insight to offer the martial arts community. The blog is general and covers what I feel like writing about when I have the time to write it. There are only a few posts at the moment but I absolutely will take the time to continue to post. Please take a visit to the blog and even tell me what you think. I don't expect to be agreed with and I appreciate criticism (or even compliments, heh). You can see the site by clicking the link in my signature or by clicking here.

Thanks, ^~^

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My only complaint is your insight about being a Master, Please have more than six years in before trashing people and what they can or cannot do. I have over 45 years and believe me when I was younger everything came easy now it is harder and certain techs. just does not work for me anymore. That does not mean I am a loust Master by anymeans. Sometimes youth needs to remember Integrity and respect for those of us that have path the way for you and everybody else.
icon10.gif

By the way habe a nice day.:asian:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of with Terry...

You've got youthful confidence with a few years experience. At 6 years in, you're barely a journeyman in the martial arts in reality.

Master is a very slippery term -- and it's very dangerous to assess other people's skill based on second hand observations. There are "masters" because their rank gives them that title -- and there are masters who would scoff at being called master. In the case of the big test in Vegas... there could be many reasons why some people didn't appear to have technique that was as sharp as you'd expect.

OP
goingd

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
... I thought that was my point... In no way was I trying to trash or demean anyone. I don't mean to sound disrespectful and I do indeed have a lot of respect for those with the experience. I know well I haven't come close to learning half of what there is to learn. My master is in his mid fifties and can still execute every technique with trembling power and he is in incredible shape because he still trains every day.

I do not disrespect masters who cannot, I am simply disappointed in those who chase rank and have nothing real to prove it with. I can't imagine someone who wouldn't be disappointed in people like that.

All in all, thank you for taking the time to read it. I would love continued support through such insights.

Take care,
Greg L.

^~^

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gregg no problem, you just came a cross rather harsh, some people have had medical issue or even hip replacement or knees problem but still do what they can. My only thing is you need to take every case by its own merits and not judge all and to know the whole story before making any comments about someone. Life sometimes does get in the way. Keep training and have fun at all cost.

OP
goingd

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Terry,
I understand - that's why I didn't mention any one specific. I should have made it clear that there were a lot of qualified masters at the test. I didn't mean to generalize. The internet is an easy place to misunderstand each other. ^~^

Take care,
Greg L.