My favorite politician

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I stuffed envelopes and assembled yard signs for his last campaign because I like his platform. I've also crossed paths with him a few times personally. I never knew about this before.

Granted, he's a self-made multimillionaire so it's probably just a drop in his bucket. But it also means he's doing his job for free. And every recipient is apolitical!

Yarmuth contributed varying sums to the following 31 organizations: Bingham Child Guidance Center, Boys Haven, Brain Injury Alliance of Kentucky, Bridgehaven, Brooklawn, Center for Women & Families, Christian Care Communities, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Dare to Care, Day Spring, Elderserve, Family Scholar House, First Tee of Louisville, Fund for the Arts, Greater Kentucky Alzheimer's Association, Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville, Home of the Innocents, Jewish Community Center, Kentucky Center for African-American Heritage, Louisville Free Public Library Foundation, Louisville Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Louisville Urban League, Metro United Way of Louisville, NAACP - Louisville Branch, Parkinson's Support Center of Kentuckiana, Simmons College of Kentucky, STAR Autism Treatment Program – UofL, United Jewish Campaign, Volunteers of America – Kentucky, WellSpring/Schizophrenia Foundation, Youthbuild Louisville.

Now that's public service.

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who you pick as everyone knows that all politicians are honest and they will always tell you the truth.

It's the American public that's dishonest, not the politicians.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
but... but...I thought I was your favorite politician!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guelph_municipal_election,_2006#Ward_6
I'm hurt, wounded, bloodied....very sad and dejected...:)

Dude, I voted for you twice, and I live in Toronto.

finallogo.gif

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seriously? That's you? Cool.

Yeah, but I lost by just a handful of votes.....:(
So kiddies your votes do count, so make sure you get out there!!

As to your guy. It not uncommon for politicians with some nice coin to do that, its always a good thing to do. The optics are always good. Does it make them a better politican? Who knows, but you have to appriecate the gesture.

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey, you look kinda like Robin Williams! That alone gets my vote.

Yarmuth is out on his own. Besides, he hates kittens.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As long as you don't hate kittens... :)

Latest Discussions