My Creed

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon. To seek opportunity to develop whatever talents God gave me - not security. I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me. I want to take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed. I refuse to barter incentive for a dole. I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence; the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia. I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout. I will never cower before any earthly master nor bend to any threat. It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid; to think and act myself, enjoy the benefit of my creations and to face the world boldly and say: `This, with God's help, I have done.' All this is what it means to be an American.

- "My Creed", by Dean Alfange.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Very powerful and full of meaning. Loved it. Thanks for sharing

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Closely followed by this one.

Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to the end, requires some of the same courage which a soldier needs.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson