Muay Thai Wirst Wrap

1ofkind

White Belt
Reaction score
I believe I read that authentic muay thai fighters use 130'' wrist wrap, and I'd like to know if that's true. Well even though it probably doesn't matter - wrist wrap is wrist wrap, but seeing I like the way a good old fashion wrap looks if it's true I would also like to know if there's such a place where I could buy some too. Thanks

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 meters is about 120".

The length of the wrap depends on it's purpose. If you're wearing it with gloves, too much tape won't fit into the glove. In the same way, if you're fighting "bare knuckle" with tape only -- you want enough to protect and support your hands without being too bulky.

OP

1ofkind

White Belt
Reaction score
Interesting, well I'd like to go bare knuckle so you can you guys lead me to any good places that sell some?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ringside sells them in a variety of lengths, as does Everlast, and several other companies.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Muay Thai fighters use the longer wraps to give more support to the wrist. I watched a Thai fighter wrap his hands and he wrapped his wrist down to about mid forearm. This was just for training and not for an actual fight. The gauze and tape used to wrap the hands and wrist for a fight will give plenty of support to the wrists.

Latest Discussions