Muay Thai Lumpini Knockouts.ouch

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Impressive indeed! A few of those made me wonder, though, about the standing 8 count in muay thai and western boxing both. Guys are obviously knocked out on the way down, come to a couple seconds after hitting the ground and are allowed to get back into the fray. Just how much more damage is done when you get your brain bounced around to the point of shut down multiple times in a few minute period?

I think the KO I was most impressed with was toward the start of the video when fighter A took fighter B out with kicks to the leg to the point that he simply couldn't stand and fight. I've always been impressed with the devastation of the MT kick and that vid shows it.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to sit 2nd row from ringside at Lumpinee Stadium in June of 2004 (1st Annivers./Belated Honeymoon, my wife arranged it) I saw great fights up close. The video & pics I got were not great quality, but it was fun to watch. We saw a fighter catch a knee to the body that folded him over, the next knee caught him in the face. No standing 8 count, the strecther was in the ring in under 5 seconds. I don't think the downed fighter knew what was going on as they carried him from the ring and started prep for the Wai Kru/Ram Muay for the next fight. AWSOME!