Muay Thai in Minnesota?

gblnking

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've been involved in martial arts on and off fot the last fifteen years and for the most part I have been very disappointed. I'm really interested in Muay Thai. Does anyone know of any places to train in the Minnesota area?

OP
G

gblnking

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm in the Minneapolis area, unfortunately Duluth is a long way from there.

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
gblnking said:
I'm in the Minneapolis area...
Me too...I don't know of any off hand...though I know I have seen them...or at least websites for them. Should I recollect anything I will post it...good luck.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would reccomend either Rick Fey of the Minnesota Kali Group or Greg Nelson. Both of these people are great instructors under Ajarn Chai with Mr. Nelson also being one of the few (if only) bjj blackbelts in MN. There are really a lot of options for training down there...check out these two.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to agree with Upnorth, Rick Fey is a great choice if you have the option. I am friends with one of his instructors that moved here and I am always happy to train with him. He is also a big name in the Inosanto camp and teaches most of the arts that the Inosanto Academy teaches.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OULobo said:
I have to agree with Upnorth, Rick Fey is a great choice if you have the option. I am friends with one of his instructors that moved here and I am always happy to train with him. He is also a big name in the Inosanto camp and teaches most of the arts that the Inosanto Academy teaches.

We have two of Rick Faye's students up here in Duluth and our Muay Thai is pretty good and active up here. Mr. Faye is an excellent choice because he is the source of all of this. Here is his website...

http://www.mnkali.com/

Don't forget Greg Nelson. He was an instructor at Rick Faye's school and then he opened his own school in Brooklyn Center. Mr. Nelson will give you a good combination of muay thai and BJJ. My teacher trained with him for a long time. Very good.

http://www.mmaacombatzone.com/instructors.htm

Latest Discussions