Muay Thai bag work !!

Day walker

White Belt
Reaction score
Just a short video from my gym.. I am just a average guy. So not expect anything crazy ;-)

[YT]b17KEZrSVwI[/YT]

OP
Day walker

Day walker

White Belt
Reaction score
Any comments positive or negative it does not matter. Just happy to get some feed back. We all learn from listening to others. And from our own mistakes.....

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, my only question is: where are your targets? Are you just punching the bag or is there a specific target in mind (Body, ribs, head...ect) ?

Chris

Emma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Looking pretty good to me. I'd say three things;

Try not to drop your opposite hand before you throw your round kick, it can give it away to your opponent.

Keep your elbows in when you punch.

When you throw your punches you are bringing your hands back to under your chin then lifting them up to your face again, instead of bringing them straight back to your face.

Apart from that, not too shabby. And I'm far from being an expert, so you can take all that with a grain of salt if you like. :)

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks good man. Pivoting on that foot and turning those hips over... knee is past the target and slightly bent. That's how I was taught to kick!

@ 47 - 49 sec are you crossing your stance? I typically consider that a no-no.

Thanks for posting.

OP
Day walker

Day walker

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, my only question is: where are your targets? Are you just punching the bag or is there a specific target in mind (Body, ribs, head...ect) ?

Chris

To be honest with you it depends from time to time... But yes i try to think of the bag like my opponent !!

OP
Day walker

Day walker

White Belt
Reaction score
Looks good man. Pivoting on that foot and turning those hips over... knee is past the target and slightly bent. That's how I was taught to kick!

@ 47 - 49 sec are you crossing your stance? I typically consider that a no-no.

Thanks for posting.

Yes you are right ;-)

Latest Discussions