Most stupid reason for fight??!

ShotoSan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I had only one fight in 9 years of martial art (I won :D, and yes I HAD to fight, I was cornerd)... It was over a PENCIL SHARPNER...

ANy one have something more stupid?!

Dragon Fist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not me, but one of my friends died fighting over a parking space, talk about silly, my friend took out a bat and somehow the other guy got hold of it and hit him in the head. (By the way, this friend wasn't a practitioner)

A

auxprix

Somebody at a bar (where else?) recently TRIED to get into a fight with me over whether or not I lied about owning an aquarium when I was younger.

I'm not kidding, and I wasn't lying. I had a ciclid tank when I was in highschool.

I challenge anyone to beat that one!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At a bar, (during my drinking days) a BIG guy bumped into me and spilled my drink, a fresh mug o beer. Told him (somewhat nicely) to watch it. He called me the worst thing anyone could call me... an SOB. I'll testify right here and now that my momma was NEVER a B-itch. So I decked him, kinda forgot I had the mug in my hand at the time, but that's besides the point, and it helped knock him down, hurting. Bouncers were there to break it up before it got to where he would've killed me... he was a B-I-G guy and I was just drunk enough to be at that fine line between where I didn't realize what I was going to get myself into and just didn't care.
In retrospect (now) pretty stupid.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Told a guy not to put any more wood on a campfire?

Back in the day having differnet colors in my hair?

#1 stupid theing to fight over...... A woman

Todd

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Being booted off a web forum?
One of the rather 'unique' folks we booted a while back threatened to show up at my door and get physical over it. (I think the pencil shavings have this beat though) :D

M

markulous

Actually I think George Bush has the pencil sharpener one beat. The whole war in Iraq is stupid fight.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with ya, but I think we're talking 1-on-1 here..not large scale.
(Though getting your *** kicked by a pretzel might count....:D)

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
or a bike...for that matter

As far as I'm concerned any reason to fight is a pretty stupid one.

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When I was in 8th grade, around 13 years old, there was a kid who I was sort of friends with (we'd talk and play together with other kids once in a while, but weren't real chummy). I commented that both our houses were the same distance from the bus stop (they really were), he said that his was closer, I disagreed, so he knocked me down and put me in a choke hold.

I think that's the dumbest I can think of.

When I was a senior in high school, I got jumped by 5-6 jocks because I accidentally cut one of them off in traffic on the way to school in the morning.
I had a couple years of MA training by that time, so I managed to get out of it with only a minor injury (abrasion on my back from taking ukemi (breakfall roll) on pavement :D)

Fast-forward to college, I found myself in the middle of one of those strange bar fight phenomena where people uninvolved in the original conflict just start fighting with strangers. I always thought it funny when I would watch those western movies where one guy in the saloon is caught cheating at cards and all of a sudden the whole place is filled with people fighting eachother. This was just that sort of thing. I just happened to be in the vicinity. A fight broke out; some guy I was near that wasn't involved in the fight either got pushed or bumped or something - collided with me as I was trying to grab my drink off the bar and get some distance away - then turned around and started throwing punches at me. By this time, I've had several years of training, and the thought of someone trying to fight me was quite ammusing, so with a smile on my face, I angled myself away slightly, put my hand in his face and allowed him three or four more tries to hit me. He eventually got a discouraged look on his face, gave up and turned back around to see what was going on with the initial conflict. I finally made it over to my drink, grabbed it and walked away laughing.

There's been a few other stupid situations (mostly involving drunk frat boys - they're the most fun to play with :D - which are in numerous supply here in a college town), but they all de-escalate quite rapidly when they realize that I'm not going to play by their rules. I actually submitted one big dude who tried to wrestle me down by slipping out of his holds, popping him a couple times lightly in the nose, then dropped down to execute my - now famous - big toe lock (he was wearing sandals). He gave up right away.

All-in-all, I agree, all fights are stupid, but the ones with untrained fighters are the most fun!

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
one time during my high school years, i was taking a girl to a movie one night. i parked my truck on the curb, (left her in it), to go see what time the movie started. when i was walking back to my truck, (making silly faces at the girl), i noticed a cowboy boot about two inches from my face. needless to say, i took one in the teeth. as soon as that happened, several people in the area grabbed both of us. i looked at the guy and realized i had never seen him before. it wasn't until the cops showed up and we were in better lighting, that the guy realized i wasn't the person he thought i was. i never saw that guy again, and never found out why i was in that fight.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've seen alot of fights in the jail because someone left the TV room and someone else sat in "their" chair.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of these stories remind me of:

"Son, your ego's writing checks your body can't cash!"

Was that from Top Gun, or some other movie?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey...what do you expect, getting into fights when you fly into the danger zone...

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well- I used to work in a psych. hospital and saw fights break out about almost anything........or nothing......with some, they were so off mentally, it didn't take anything at all, they'd fight with the air, anyone else in the vicinity, themselves or a chair!! :idunno:

An Eternal Student

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This one always kinda amused me.Three friends of mine : Oz,Matt and Terri.
Matt and Terri have one of those stupid teenage rows.Oz stays neutral because he's friends with both.Matt gets annoyed with Oz for not taking his side.Matt makes up with Terri, they both turn on Oz, and smack him a bit.Oz is left wondering what the hell just happened.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shodan said:
Well- I used to work in a psych. hospital and saw fights break out about almost anything........or nothing......with some, they were so off mentally, it didn't take anything at all, they'd fight with the air, anyone else in the vicinity, themselves or a chair!! :idunno:
Haha, I remember one time having to lock up a guy who was "drying out" in the hospital I worked at. Going through DT's can make you pretty crazy, and strong! He attacked me because I was one of the green guys who had been trying to steal his brain! I pretty much just did a nice lock and took him down until he calmed down. That was pretty stupid reason to fight though!

7sm

Latest Discussions