most favorite kick

firerex

Orange Belt
Reaction score
what is everyone's most favorite kick(s), and what is ur favorite kick(s) in sparring, which ones do u find most effective for sparring, decided to add a turn around to the other post

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Simply the side kick either standing or step behind, for tournament sparring the front kick or turning back kick.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The front thrusting kick. Excellent kick for making space.

For sparring - front snap kick and short line turning kicks in rapid succession.

Last edited:
OP
firerex

firerex

Orange Belt
Reaction score
personally my fave kick is side kick spin side kick but i like front leg side kicks in tourney sparring esp with the rushers, round kicks are one of my fave too... i working on 540 but no where near it yet and not using it to spar either lol

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Side kick, hook kick, spinning side/back kick, and if everything is not going my way......axe kick.

My axe kick was honed back in the day for the purpose of getting myself out of trouble. Thank you, Andy Hug.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
anything that lands! ;)

I actually like twist kicks. For when you lead with the wrong leg and a round would get you a strike but the target is too sideways to hit with a front.

Leg checks are sweet, too.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Perhaps not really a kick, but a leg maneuver where you enter into your opponent's personal sphere after having compromised his structure in some way, perhaps with a strike or a tug. The leg maneuver is used to further compromise his balance ending in a take down or an outright sweep.

I'm also a fan of the leg kick, as few people expect it.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
roundhouse. it works in any striking range, & can be applied to any target. side kick is close favorite for the same reasons, but i've never been able to hit the head with it consistently. also, the roundhouse flows in my combinations better.

jf

p.s. andy hug rocked, i'm gonna watch clips of him on youtube now.

HM2PAC

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My favorite is the Inner Crescent. It allows me to strike at the head while up close and personal. Many people try to work in close to negate the length of my legs.

Dao

Green Belt
Reaction score
Round house for sure, I have used it a lot with pretty good success. Spinning hook kick is the next favourite but it's really difficult move. I had a friend who used to knock his opponents with his spinning hook kick.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Side kick and turning side kick, the back kick too. The combo I use in sparring is roundhouse kick followed by a turning back kick.

Manny

mozzandherb

Green Belt
Reaction score
With bag work I like the turning side kick, in sparring I like the turning side kick as a good defensive weapon if an opponent is charging. To initiate a good combo I like stepping front leg axe kick, it tends to confuse an opponent leaving them open for more combo's. Front leg side kick I use a lot as well in sparring, it's like a jab in boxing, and I also like continuous jumping turning kicks, one after another

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe we should have a second thread that asks what your most effective kick/most used kick is?

My fav. is not my most used.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I go along with Jarrod on this one. The roundhouse kick was my favorite by far, and it would lead into so many other kicks. Bread and butter technique was high roundhouse to the head with a spinning back kick to the body, worked like a charm.

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
what is everyone's most favorite kick(s), and what is ur favorite kick(s) in sparring, which ones do u find most effective for sparring, decided to add a turn around to the other post
My favorite kick is the snap kick and and for sparring i like to do the spinning back kick cuz it catches them off guard and its powerful.

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
Maybe we should have a second thread that asks what your most effective kick/most used kick is?

My fav. is not my most used.

Same here. I like side kicks and use them a lot, but one of my favourite kicks is the hook kick, but it doesn't get used as often as side or turning kicks.

Latest Discussions