more class

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
alright here we go as of right now I take TKD once a week. I like going once a week because I get my exercise and am able to learn my forms. and it gives me extra time during the week. but im wondering of one day a week is enough or if I should find another class to go to.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
alright here we go as of right now I take TKD once a week. I like going once a week because I get my exercise and am able to learn my forms. and it gives me extra time during the week. but im wondering of one day a week is enough or if I should find another class to go to.

HKF you know my answer is train everyday and everyday train either by being at class or just doing it on your own outside of class. Keep the power flowing in yea.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is the class you're in only offered once a week? You can still learn once a week, but it will take you longer, and you're more likely to practice mistakes long enough to make it hard to change them - but if there's not a second class available, that's better than not going at all.

If you do find a different class, make sure that the instructors are teaching the same variety of TKD, with the same (or approximately same) technical details, or it could get really confusing really fast.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

My simple answer is that you should train (at least) twice a week under an instructor and review daily at home. If all my students did this I would be impressed!

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
I personally train as much as I can given my schedule. This still leaves me at least 4 days out of the week to train unless I talk to my bandmates about going more. I usually do this the week before a tournament to prepare. Anyways, if there is no reason for you not to go more than once a week, then I don't see why you wouldn't.

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have limited time to go to class because of a work schedule and three kids two of which are teens. If I'm lucky I make it to class twice a week, but the majority of the time it is once a week. I do make it a point to train atleast a half hour most days. Sure there are days when I simply haven't the time but I've made excersize a habit and I get frustrated when I don't get my time. (A good thing) I make that my rest / cheat day. I take one day a week and I don't do a thing. It is my unwind day. Usually Sundays but If I have a day I'm running the lkids around and don't have the time to work out I adjust my work outs to my situation.
Not to sound like an Infomercial...If you can make it to class three times a week and commit to 30 mins other days you will see a tremendous improvement in your abilities. That one rest day is very important. Your body will thank you.

Good luck.