Modern Arnis and Marcial Tirada Kali Seminar

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
On Saturday June 26th from 12-4pm at the Hilliard Budo Center 3840 Lacon rd. Hilliard Ohio 43026, Modern Arnis of Ohio will host a Modern Arnis and Marcial Tirada Kali seminar. The single stick, joint locks and takedowns of Modern Arnis will be taught by Guro Dan McConnell. The kinfe work and espada y daga of Marcial Tirada Kali will be taught by Guro Tony Marcial. The cost will be $50. in advance and $65. at the door. For further information or a flyer please e-mail Modern Arnis of Ohio at [email protected] or call the Hilliard Budo Center at 614-771-5599.
Thank you,
Mao

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Folks,

This seminar ought to be a lot of fun and if you have the chance to stop by, do so ! We had a pretty good turnout for November's seminar and it was quite a bit of fun ! Great people with good character in attendance !

Take care,
Brian Johns
Columbus, Ohio

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck with the seminar. I hope it is a great experience for all who attend. Keep us posted on who may be instructing and be sure to let us know how it goes

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser,
It'll be Guro Tony and myself teaching. I'll post on it after seminar.

Dan A.,
Thanks.
Dan Mc.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was a great seminar and it seemed like everyone had a great time.

OP
M

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
June 26th seminar review
Monday, June 28, 2004
It was a great seminar! I had just come off duty that morning (a 24 hour tour), had only 1 1/2 hrs. of sleep, went to the school and taught two back to back youth classes before the seminar. Guro Tony arrived and, like a gift from God, offered to teach the entire seminar! I jumped on it! Guro Tony taught knife work, empty hand, stick work and ground work. I enjoyed talking to Guro Tony about the similarities between some of the movements he covered and much of what we do in Modern Arnis. I also liked listening to Guro Tony and one of MAO's guys, Ron, speaking in tagalog. Guro Tony is as talented as he is kind. Marcial Tirada Kali has much to offer and I look forward to sharing seminars with him and his talented students in the near future. An interesting short discussion with Guro Tony was about how the different provinces in the Philippines as well as other parts of the world have many similar movements, for instance, the mobility or rotary throw in Modern Arnis and puter kapala in Mande Muda or kaiten nage in Aikido among others. Many are aware of this but it was a good talk and some are not yet aware of the overlap of many styles. Cool stuff. By the way, OULobo was there and now I know who he is!! Another talented individual. :uhyeah: Glad you were there, OULobo.
Mao

Latest Discussions