Missives from the Big Comfy Chair.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Random and irregular movements from the behind in the big chair......

So, seems like the seasons starting to be. People are in a hurry to go no where, rudeness is increasing, and no one knows how to fracking drive anymore. Ahh. Christmas. Where the chosen savior of half the planet is celebrated by swearing, selfishness, impatience and hostility. Its a time of year I honestly hate. Takes me 2-5 times longer to get anywhere, 2-5 times longer to do anything when there, and 2-5 times longer to get home once I'm done. I dread going shopping, and one of my clients in in the mall, and I'm there twice a week now. Thankfully it's the Sears end, so it's not so bad there. ;)

Did I mention, it's fracking cold out. A time where men worry about developing a second navel and women worry about putting peoples eyes out....come to think of it, summers like that too. Ironic.

The cats have again found us useful, being large sources of heat, and being somewhat fatter this year, their combined weight is ensuring that I will see my chiropractor regularly.

Numerous new things planned out for MT, lots of excitement ahead. I expect at least a few "about bloody time" and "you're kidding me?" comments. Probably shouldn't mention the mandatory staff uniforms include the multicolored propeller hats again this year.

So, I end this random babbling, one of many, maybe, if I remember to add to here with a challenge.

What are the parts of this image.
gawdemp.jpg

1 month free supporting membership or 1 extra month tacked on to the first person to get them all correct. Hint - there are 5 parts :)
Hint 2 - saying "space ship" isn't enough. ID the ship. :lol:

Enjoy!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aren't those the images from "you sank my battleship?"

Damn, Bob, I don't know what they are. But I am probably out of the running for the prize anyways. :(

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Aren't those the images from "you sank my battleship?"

Damn, Bob, I don't know what they are. But I am probably out of the running for the prize anyways. :(

I don't think you are nearly a big enough geek to win this one. Sorry. :D

I on the other hand, am apparently a mid-level geek, since my only problem in deciphering is challenge is that I can't figure out where that shield came from. Humph.

Lamont

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think you are nearly a big enough geek to win this one. Sorry. :D

I on the other hand, am apparently a mid-level geek, since my only problem in deciphering is challenge is that I can't figure out where that shield came from. Humph.

Lamont

well...umm... I don't know if admitting to a level of geekiness is really..umm... a good thing. ;)

BUT!

I am privy to all the answers. so....:p on you!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
well...umm... I don't know if admitting to a level of geekiness is really..umm... a good thing. ;)

BUT!

I am privy to all the answers. so....:p on you!

I'm in proud company on this site, there are many geek martial artists here, most of them are not doing much to avoid recognition.

Lamont

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Survey says......

Give me the olf Yamato power!
*Ding*

1.--Blank--
2. EDS Yamato.
3.--Blank--
4.--Blank--
5.--Blank--

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
So how do we answer the challenge? Throw the answers at the thread or pm?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
either or. Public answers will help everyone, private leaves em wondering. ;)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, Ever wonder why you bother getting up in the morning?

Been windier than day 2 at a week long Texas Chili cookoff around here. Nice white frosting on everything, helps the garbage cans glide on down the road. Cat's sleeping in one of those "don't you wish you could bend like this" positions, and I gotta get dressed and head out. 5 hours of sleep is not enough, lol. More sleep, and another Futurama box set please!

House hunting's a pain. The ones with the things I like are too far away, and the ones she likes are on tiny little lots...also too far away. Away from what? her job, I'm virtual. Some jobs are worth an hour commute, hers aint.

Found a fairly decent spot to open a studio, $4/sq foot, decent area, easy access. 25 minute drive from home....not sure I like that part, though it's in the direction we're looking at moving so it wouldn't be too bad. Need to replace the car first, then I can get to n fro. Anyone in WNY selling a reliable not beat to hell car cheap? lol!

lunch time!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ever tried to sleep, and the darkness was so thick it was suffocating?

Ever had a night where you woke up, walked around, but couldn't see, then discovered you hadn't yet woken up, and felt the darkness would never end?

Ever tried to wake up, yet couldn't, frozen by darkness so black as to be a vision of infinity, or a starless void, never ending and felt the terror rise in your heart as you wonder if it will ever end?

Ever dreamt that Batgirl was the cause of all wrong, and that you deserved to be tied up by Wonder Woman's magic lasso?

:)

Latest Discussions