McClellan says "Bush doesn't remember doing coke."

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
in point of fact, the atlanta paper's editorial board is one of the most un-abashedly liberal in the country, so yeah, it IS a rag

Sukerkin,
Don is responding to elder, who every day posts some left wing anti bush rhetoric. If Elder didnt do that, Don wouldnt have anything to respond to, and since there are so many far left types on this board, and the mods lock down anyone that stands up to the Bush bashing, there are not many who will point out that Emperor Elder in fact has no clothes.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
........, there are not many who will point out that Emperor Elder in fact has no clothes.

Can you actually see in my house???!!!!!

I mean, I have LOTS of clothes.....I just don't like to wear them....I mean, yeah, I don't have any clothes on, but how did you know that???:lol:

In all seriousness, though...or not....I just posted a news story on what Mr. McClellan reported in his book.....that's not BuSh-bashing.

Of course, if you'd prefer, I'll post on Mr. Bush going to church this Sunday, or his daughter's wedding, or what a wonderfully fun guy he was in college.....

What I won't do is post about his privately extending condolences to the families of Iraq war dead-something I have personal knowledge of, and have given him credit for before.....but hey, what can you expect from a "partisan hack." :lol:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sukerkin,
Don is responding to elder, who every day posts some left wing anti bush rhetoric. If Elder didnt do that, Don wouldnt have anything to respond to, and since there are so many far left types on this board, and the mods lock down anyone that stands up to the Bush bashing, there are not many who will point out that Emperor Elder in fact has no clothes.

Aye, that may be the case; I'm not going to dig back to see where the chicken-and-egg cycle started as it's not really relevant to my point at this stage.

On the supposed "lock-down", tho', I'm afraid that your eyes and mine see a very different thing ... which probably means that the balance is just about right.

Anyhow, what I was aiming for was humourous exasperation with some sincere advice thrown in. Given the anonymous negative rep I got for my trouble, I'm guessing I missed that. So my apologies, Don, just in case I upset you. I usually make a better job of getting my tone across but, as ever when I stray from my mark, it was very late :eek:.

I did mean it tho' i.e. the constant stream of auto-reverence does no good for the reputations (the 'real', non-numeric, kind) of those involved. People just stop listening or put you on 'Ignore' if it gets irritating enough, so your message gets lost.

It's better, in terms of getting your point across, to pick your moments and build a good, convincing, argument.

Ah well - I'll learn one day to leave well enough alone :lol:.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Don is responding to elder, who every day posts some left wing anti bush rhetoric..

In all seriousness, I hardly post every day-at least, not until recently-I hardly have the time.

More importantly, I post on a variety of topics. Sure, I'll admit that I don't like our current government, and its executive representative-at least, I don't like his policies. Doesn't make me partisan: I voted for his dad, I'll probably vote for McCain, I'm friends with lots of Republican politicians-though, I have to admit that for the last ten years or so, I've found it easier to be friendlier with the Democrats: I may be rich, and I may work at the Lab-noth of which ostensibly put me in a predominantly Republican demographic, but I'm still black enough and scary looking enough to make most of the Republicans I've met lately nervous, and most of the Democrats are at least willing to fake it, or too afraid of not being PC-then, when they get to know me, they find out what a wonderful, warm, super-intelligent, funny and vibrant person I am. :rolleyes: :lol:

Nope. I'm kidding-I've got all kinds of friends-Republican and Democratic, and most of them fell in love with the wonderfal, warm, super-intelligent, funny, vibrant slab of fun that is Aaron Cuffee, and then they noticed I was black or something.....:lol:

Nope. Kidding again, actually-first they called the cops to find out what I was doing with those white-looking kids, then, when they found out the kids were mine, had me over to listen to Rush Limbaugh over a beer, and then they found out what a kind, wonderful, etc....

Nah-I don't mean any of that stuff. Draw your own conclusions-you will anyway.:rolleyes:

This is still the United States-if I want to post "anti-Bush rhetoric," well, I can-Don and you don't have to agree with it, or respond to it, and also have every right to respond to it. Though, to my mind, a more measured response than "Nanner, nanner, you're a BuSh-hating poopie doodie head!" is usually called for. I'll also add that this is Bob Hubbard's house-he's the Emperor, and we're here by his good graces. If you don't like what goes on here, don't participate: if what I post here bothers you in some way, don't read it. Put me on "ignore"; I'm neither here for your approval, nor to annoy you. It's not like I'm going to stop-in fact, I think I'll ratchet it up a bit and get my daily post count up from 0.79 to a solid 1.0....:lol:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
in point of fact, the atlanta paper's editorial board is one of the most un-abashedly liberal in the country, so yeah, it IS a rag

Sukerkin,

We don't single anyone or any group out. What unfortunately results in threads being closed, is when people can't follow the posting policy that we have for this forum. Additionally, we attempt to give everyone the benefit of the doubt by posting nudges, and warnings, in addition to stressing to members that if they are not interested in hearing from someone, to use the ignore feature. If more people took the advice that I gave, there would be less issues.

Carry on with the thread. :)

Mike

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elder, please make an old woman very happy and PM your photo with no clothes on.:EG:

Far better to be naked than clothed in bigotry or closemindedness. And no that's not a dig at anyone, just an observation.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Sukerkin,
No, we do not lock every thread that defends GW Bush.
We lock threads where people have thrown away manners and staying within our posted rules and whatnot.

As to a bias against Mr. Bush, I will admit, I do not care for the man or his administration.
I have however defended him on as many points as I have damned him for.

As to a bias of the boards members, from my seat it seems to reflect reality of public opinion. I run across few people that are fans or supporters of him, and public opinion polls I've seen from credible groups indicate a 20-30% approval rating. Based on that, it would be unfair to artificially try to skew things here to give the illusion that everyone here likes the guy.

Any member is welcome to bring a point up and support it with checkable references. The fact that people on both sides of an argument can do it allows for a fair consideration.
That some of those references might be later debunked or dismissed does not change the fact that debate here is balanced, other than some choose to argue points that are not the ones favored by the majority. It's still good that they are argued, just bad that some take it all personally.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's also bad form and against the rules to flame and snipe at other members in such a manner.

We ask the membership to please use the RTM button to report posts which do this or are otherwise against the rules. The staff *tries* to read every post but it's just not feasible with a board this large and customer service is important to us.

I'll attach an image here so everyone knows where it is.

In the meantime folks, let's get back to topic. Thanks!

Attachments

• $rtm locate.jpg
    $rtm locate.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 109

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Bush doesn't remember doing coke."

I dont remember caring. Unless hes done it in the last 20 years or so.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An important point there, Archangel.

We all have things in our past we'd rather have not done and insisting that a man/woman in Office be "purer than all" for all of their lives is not realistic.

Not doing things which would compromise their judgement - like snorting coke in the Oval Office - is a thing to insist upon but maybe cutting a little slack for poor decisions in their early years is reasonable too.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a friend who can't really remember smoking marijuana. He knows he smoked a lot, but he can't remember... didn't smoke any in the last cca 2 years and still gets lost in his own home, so here we have long-term effects.... :)
Sounds like his problems run deeper than a little reefer.
Sean

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have personal experience of the effects of such on friends of mine and it is a shocking tale given that most of them are now dead. A 'little' ganja, a 'little' smack ... there is seldom such a thing.

I was lucky as I did not like the effects of the 'light' recreational drugs I encountered - I preferred whisky, wine or beer - many of the people I once knew were not so fortunate.

People in positions of authority should not be associated with such things, especially when excercising authority. Of course, Winston Churchill was drunk as a skunk for much of the time; which goes to show that no rule is absolute.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have personal experience of the effects of such on friends of mine and it is a shocking tale given that most of them are now dead. A 'little' ganja, a 'little' smack ... there is seldom such a thing.

I was lucky as I did not like the effects of the 'light' recreational drugs I encountered - I preferred whisky, wine or beer - many of the people I once knew were not so fortunate.

People in positions of authority should not be associated with such things, especially when excercising authority. Of course, Winston Churchill was drunk as a skunk for much of the time; which goes to show that no rule is absolute.[/quote]

Ah but Churchill was a Liberal for 20 years! he even.. pause for gasp.. held Ministerial Offiice in a Liberal Government..... shock horror. perhaps he didn't start drinking until he went back to the Tories?

http://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/archives/churchill_papers/biography/churchill_chronology.php

The thing with Churchill though was that he was the man for the hour, he had a lot of bad habits and some funny ideas but when push came to shove and we needed a real leader he was the right man drunk or sober. No one has come close since, he was a better man drunk than many sober that's for sure.

Latest Discussions