Matt Serra talks self defence

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw this video just now and I found it interesting. Serra handled that situation well from what he said. He could've been all mouthy to the guy but if it happened how he said it did then he did the right thing. He had the confidence to tell the guy to be careful whereas some would just do nothing. I know in the comments he gets a lot of hate about it but I think he did things right in there. What do others think?

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If it was coffee, which could have scaled or burned if spilled that's different, but this was beer. Yes it's inconsiderate, yes it's annoying, yes it pisses you off, but do you want to potentially get stabbed/shot/killed (meaning your kid has to grow up without a dad) over it?

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If it was coffee, which could have scaled or burned if spilled that's different, but this was beer. Yes it's inconsiderate, yes it's annoying, yes it pisses you off, but do you want to potentially get stabbed/shot/killed (meaning your kid has to grow up without a dad) over it?
If the beer gets in a 1 year olds mouth it could be seriously dangerous

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So it that a yes or no answer to my question?
Then yes because it poses a risk to a child's life and anyway he wasn't aggressive to him he simply said he asked him to be careful

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Come on. Someone spills beer on a kid, it's rude and pretty stupid. It's not a risk for to the child's life, for petes sake. Let's be real.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Come on. Someone spills beer on a kid, it's rude and pretty stupid. It's not a risk for to the child's life, for petes sake. Let's be real.
If it gets in it's mouth then yes it is

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If it gets in it's mouth then yes it is
Even then. I mean, how much are we talking? Don't get me wrong. I'd never choose to give a 2 year old any alcohol. But it wasn't that long ago that whiskey was rubbed on gums of teething infants and a little cognac was part of a homemade cough syrup. Was this good for the kids? No, of course not. Deadly? Not really,

We are talking about beer, which by volume is much less potent, and any that could accidentally spill into the kid's mouth is going to be minimal.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Even then. I mean, how much are we talking? Don't get me wrong. I'd never choose to give a 2 year old any alcohol. But it wasn't that long ago that whiskey was rubbed on gums of teething infants and a little cognac was part of a homemade cough syrup. Was this good for the kids? No, of course not. Deadly? Not really,

We are talking about beer, which by volume is much less potent, and any that could accidentally spill into the kid's mouth is going to be minimal.
He even said in the video it wasn't even a bottle it was a plastic cup so if It spilled it would've all gone out very fast

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
He even said in the video it wasn't even a bottle it was a plastic cup so if It spilled it would've all gone out very fast
Errr... yeah. And so the kid would have a lot on her head and maybe... possibly.... a little bit in her mouth.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Even if dangerous i am not sure how ethically you could bash a guy for that.

I did bash a guy who almost kicked a trolley with a kid in it. But i have mellowed since then.

Latest Discussions