Matrix: Reloaded

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

sneak preview for me last night! eat your hearts out!

i won't spoil a thing here...all i will say is you must leave you job or class or wherever you are right now and go see it. blows the first one away.

C

clapping_tiger

Yep, I went to midnight show last night too. I was blown away. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor before I left. I have not seen a movie that entertaining in a long time. Maybe I am still riding the rush of the intense action scenes, but this movie may top my all time favorite movie list, and that is a tough place to take because all the Star Wars movies (except Ep 1) are tied for that spot and have been since I was a kid.

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
i was discussing with my friend how we think the Matrix trilogy is pretty much the Star Wars of this generation (since the Star Wars of this generation is uttter crap).

*Ok...this might be a very minor spoiler but won't give any storyline away...

there are quite a few Empire Strikes back nostaligic references (mostly visually and/or relating to the storyline) in the movie....they are fairly subtle...but i believe they are there.

C

clapping_tiger

was discussing with my friend how we think the Matrix trilogy is pretty much the Star Wars of this generation

You know that is funny that you say that, because I was thinking the exact same thing this afternoon.

there are quite a few Empire Strikes back nostaligic references (mostly visually and/or relating to the storyline) in the movie....they are fairly subtle...but i believe they are there.

I am not too good at picking up on that sort of thing. Maybe after a few days, when more people have seen this movie and it won't spoil it for others, you could explain your thoughts on this.

M

Master of Blades

..............OR you could have put a warning saying *SPOILERS* and just explain it for those who arent to bothered at seeing some spoilers before the actual movie :shrug:

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ok then...

SPOILERS! POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE MOVIE.

on the correlation between the matrix trilogy and the original star wars trilogy.

the movies so far a very similar. some obvious things are first, the original star wars and matrix are basically the "origin" movies. you get all the basics explained to you, and there is a basic problem in the movie that must be solved. in star wars, they need to blow up the death star and defeat vadar, in the matrix, they need to "defeat" the agents and have Neo realize he is "the one"

both movies end with closure, and a happy ending.

in the second movies, big trouble begins, and they both end in a cliffhanger, setting up the next movie in the trilogy.

we can't really compare the third movies obviously because the third matrix is not out yet. :)

similarity in the characters is another thing i notice. basically i view morpheus as a combination of obi wan and han solo, neo is luke skywalker, agent smith is darth vadar, and the architech of the matrix is the emperor. i'll leave it to your imagination to create specifics within those similarities.

there's certain visuals that are tributes to star wars also it seems. the most obvious to me is when the mainframe is blown up...it explodes very similar to the death star. it also has neo flying out of it just as it explodes just like the mellenium falcon.

that's just a few small things i noticed. i don't feel like sitting here and typing bout it all day though so maybe someone can "make up" a few other similarities...:D

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
if you go see the matrix, or if you are going to see it again and have yet to stick around til the credits are over, then stay the whole time.

you will get to see the trailer for the final matrix movie, Matrix: Revolutions.

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
well...a lot of people are still giving it some so-so reviews. it's really a "thinker" movie. plus, it's the middle movie in a trilogy...and they always seem to take a bit more criticism since they leave a lot of the plot up in the air usually.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Movie was good....a bit short on the story tho....and the superman thing?..come on?!!

C

clapping_tiger

Movie was good....a bit short on the story tho....and the superman thing?..come on?!!

I thought that was realistic. After all, if you could do that, wouldn't you? I know I would be "doing the Superman thing".

As far as people saying they don't like the movie. I have not heard that from any Sci-Fi fans, Only a few action fans have said they don't like it, but they are more the "shoot em up" type action fans. I have found the ones who don't like it are the people who wouldn't normaly go to Sci-Fi movies, but went because they heard it was supposed to be a good movie.

-Jason Johnson

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ender

hey...at least they did the "superman thing" right.

people...when you fly at the speed of light, you better belive everything in your path is going to be destroyed...:D

M

Master of Blades

Unfortuantly Im going out now but when I get back I'll tell you what I thought of the movie.......But I have seen it 3 times in two days now so that should tell you what I thought :D

M

Master of Blades

Alrightey then! Where do I begin! From the moment I saw Neo fight the free agents at the beginning I knew this was gonna be heck of a movie. The return of Agent Smith made it twice as good as well as introducing brand new baddies!

I liked the way this movie was more explaining the whole hacking side of The Matrix and how all the bad guys were exiled programmes etc

The Twins were very cool as well as the Chinese dude guarding the Oracle. The Key Maker was also very funny......And Agent Smith goes into my books as one of the best bad guys ever!

I did notice a lot of Rip Offs from other movies....including The Rip off of Monsters Inc with the whole door thing!

But I really enjoyed the car chase at the end......although they ruined a lot of damn cars that could have been mine! :mad:

Still the Movie has inspired me soooo much me and my friends have started working on our own script for a British Gangster flick with Kung Fu action :D

Btw is it me, or did The Architect look like The KFC dude :rofl:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
As far as people saying they don't like the movie. I have not heard that from any Sci-Fi fans, Only a few action fans have said they don't like it, but they are more the "shoot em up" type action fans. I have found the ones who don't like it are the people who wouldn't normaly go to Sci-Fi movies, but went because they heard it was supposed to be a good movie.

Well, chalk me up as a sci-fi fan that wasn't real impressed. I thought the whole choice/causality theme was ram-rodded down the audiences throat.... "look we have a deep philosophical bent too...." Neo was a god in the Matrix, so all of the scenes with him fighting, I had absolutely no worry for him, he was barely even hurt, I found it hard to care. I like my heroes to be a little more mortal, I did like the Morpheus and Trinity fights though.

I'd be far more interested in seeing X2 again rather than this Matrix movie.

Lamont

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Btw is it me, or did The Architect look like The KFC dude :rofl:

lol...:rofl: i was thinking the same thing...

maybe the wachowski bros. have a strong affinity for fried chicken...

K

KenpoGirl

Though for the most part I did enjoy the movie I did not like it as much as the first one.

1. Way too many fight scenes, which limited the dialogue. And if not too many, they lasted too long, especially the one in the courtyard with the Smiths.

I agree I didn't like the fact that Neo was practically indestructible, hardly an injury. He didn't even break a sweat fighting 100 Smiths, when he flew away it should have been because he was exhausted and he was escaping to safe his life.

2. What's with the priests outfit that Neo was wearing. Looked kewl in the fighting but geeeze.

3. I like the twists in the plot line, and I'm looking forward to the 3rd movie to see what happens.

4. Why was zion and everyone so primative? They've lived down there for so many hundreds of years, have massive machines that make their life possible, but the whole place looks like it was a year after the hollicost, and everyone in rags and sweaty and dirty.

Just minor things, I'll probably enjoy it more the next time I see it.

Dot

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl
Though for the most part I did enjoy the movie I did not like it as much as the first one.

I agree I didn't like the fact that Neo was practically indestructible, hardly an injury. He didn't even break a sweat fighting 100 Smiths, when he flew away it should have been because he was exhausted and he was escaping to safe his life.

IMHO, there was lots of action sure, but, it's still not as good as the first film. And, Reloaded did get somewhat slow there in some parts of the movie.

Also, speaking of the action sequences, why was it that through out all of the intense fight scenes with all the martial arts action, Neo's shades never flew off his face? All of those kicks, punches, blocks and jumping around and he never lost his Ray-Bans, I just don't get it??? :confused:

Explain that one to me please. Oh right!!! It's just Hollywood... ;) :ultracool

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I went to go see Matrix Reloaded Sunday afternoon. I'm glad I saw it and there were some really neat parts but I really liked the first Matrix movie better. I thought I'd weird to say that so I'm surprised that some people here agree with me (or I with them). I thought it a bit funny that the characters always had to wear their sunglasses (to look "cool") indoors or at night.

Again, I'm glad I went to go see the sequal but I liked the first movie better and I also enjoyed watching X-men 2 (seen it twice) more.

Robyn :asian: