Match the Cantidates to their MAs!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can you match John, Hillary and Barak to the martial arts they (secretly) practice. I know that they don't advertise the fact that they train--clearly the American public isn't quite ready for that yet. But WE KNOW BETTER! So what art do you suspect each one practices and why?

snoack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Can you match John, Hillary and Barak to the martial arts they (secretly) practice. I know that they don't advertise the fact that they train--clearly the American public isn't quite ready for that yet. But WE KNOW BETTER! So what art do you suspect each one practices and why?

Is this serious?

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hillary - Notably low center of gravity - I say Aikido

Obama - Lanky, wirey - Maybe Muay Thai

McCain - Duh - Tai Chi

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why does everyone ALWAYS pick on TAIJI :uhyeah:

Heh... I was going to say

Clinton - Taekwondo (When she scores-takes credit, when she doesn't-blames the rule enforcement)
McCain - MMA (tries to pretend he's something different but is just rehashing old stuff)
Obama - Ninjitsu (Everybody is impressed with the packaging but not really sure what he's actually doing)

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Clinton - Taekwondo (When she scores-takes credit, when she doesn't-blames the rule enforcement)
McCain - MMA (tries to pretend he's something different but is just rehashing old stuff)
Obama - Ninjitsu (Everybody is impressed with the packaging but not really sure what he's actually doing)

I was going the same direction but not sure I can top this LOL.

Shotochem

Purple Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

Now thats funny right there....:roflmao::roflmao:

-Marc-

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is going to degenerate into a really stupid bit of election year viciousness in about twenty minutes. There's just no point in a bunch of the posts that people are going to be tempted to put up. So I'll go with what we do know.

I'm not sure what martial art Senator Clinton would have been well-suited for. I haven't heard that she ever took up the hobby. She's 5' 9" which is 5" taller than average for an American woman. Her build seems typical for someone of her height and age. I suppose she would be able to do just about any martial art designed for people of normal build.

Senator McCain was a lightweight boxer at the Naval Academy. In those days I believe cadets also did a certain amount of wrestling as part of PT. There was a Judo club at the time, although there is no evidence that the Senator was ever a member.

Senator Obama did Tae Kwon Do. There were gossip columns on it for a few days last year which have since fallen off the twig. I specifically remember his former teacher saying that he was too old for a lot of the stuff that requires extreme flexibility. But the Senator from Illinois had good stances and worked very hard. Given his height and build it seems like a good choice.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I honestly feel this thread was designed for non-partison trashing.

I think it's supposed to be fun.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I honestly feel this thread was designed for non-partison trashing.

I think it's supposed to be fun.

That was my take too.

Obama--peaceable--aikido.

Clinton--aggressive--hung gar.

McCain--military--Japanese karate.

Heck, just restricting this to animal-style kung fu provides plenty of opportunities!

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Clinton - RBSD. The overhyped tough talk and posturing is a perfect match.

McCain - duh, Tai Chi. Everyone knows all old people do Tai Chi in the park. :D

Obama - Boxing. No one else has quite mastered float like a butterfly, sting like a bee like Obama.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They all practice the art of watafumo.

Whatever they do, stinks.:idunno:

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Clinton - she strikes me more as a budoka, so I'll guess Judo or Aikido
Obama - TKD all the way, he has the build and the brash sense of confidence
McCain - A soft style, perhaps Tai Chi (I am sorry Xue, it just sticks with him :lol:)

While we are on the subject of politicians and their arts, does anybody want to venture a guess as to what John Kerry or Al Gore practice?

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is going to degenerate into a really stupid bit of election year viciousness in about twenty minutes.

Hi, has it been tweny minutes yet? I'm not particularly vicious, but you're probably right about the "stupid" part. Anyway here's my take:

Hillary--smart, feminine and pretty ruthless. I'd say Wing Chun--especially the low kicks and sharp infighting. She doesn't quite have the "borrowing your opponent's force" thing down though. Her attacks always seem to backfire.

Barak--very sharp, learned "boxing" from his step-dad, Lolo, when he was a kid in Indonesia...
wait a minute, Indonesian boxing?! --I'm thinking Silat. That would explain why knives didn't scare him later when he was doing community organizing on Chicago's South Side. That Tae Kwon Do thing could just be a cover.

Now John's even tougher! I got between him and the sugar packets at the AJ's Coffee Bar around the corner (he used to live just up the street). As he was savagely tearing open his sugar packets with his teeth, he gave me a look that seemed to say "Outa my way, or you're next, punk!" I mumbled, "Excuse me, Senator" and cleared the heck out. So I'm thinking you guys are on the right track with the MMA thing. He may also do a little "Lucha Libre" with George W. on the side. Who knows who you might find behind those masks.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
McCain - A soft style, perhaps Tai Chi (I am sorry Xue, it just sticks with him :lol:)

:tantrum:

:uhyeah:
Clinton - Wing Chun; close in fighter
Obama - Sanshou; borderline over-confident but has skill so be careful
McCain - I'm not sure possibly Taiji or could be Xingyiquan looks soft but he might hit REALLY fast and REALLY hard, But then he doesn’t have that scary incredibly focused Xingyiquan look in his eyes but he could be hiding it for the election

While we are on the subject of politicians and their arts, does anybody want to venture a guess as to what John Kerry or Al Gore practice?

John Kerry or Al Gore practice - Gymkata

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Clinton - kenpo. Kicking, biting, eye-gouging kenpo.

Obama - kenpo, but not the same style of kenpo. Remarkably similar to Clinton's kenpo, but not enough to stop them from engaging in epic battles over who has the purest, most effective, kenpo.

McCain - Tai Chi (haha, Xue Sheng!)

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Clinton- American Kenpo
Obama-Tracy kenpo-pretty much the same but newer and likes to claim to be the "real" deal
McCain- they broke his shoulders and he still didnt tap out and go home. He's MMA all the way around

Latest Discussions