Masters Magazine

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This months Masters Magazine features GM Clarence Emperado Luna and Kenneth Funakoshi being interviewed. Funakoshi talks about his early training in Kempo/Kajukenbo under Sijo Emperado and how rough it was. GM Clarence, talks about Kajukenbo also and the direction that he feels it should take with the various GM's uniting. The magazine comes with a DVD interview with both men and gives lots of pictures as well. I got mine at Barnes and Noble. Well worth buying.

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan, will have to pick mine up tomorrow. You going to Mikes tourney tomorrow? If you do, I'll see you there!

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some continuous sparring from yesterdays tournament

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good clips! How old are the participants? And I'm curious...how did a black belt (that is black, right?) come to be fighting a yellow belt? I've never been to a tournament yet so I know little of the mechanics...

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good clips! How old are the participants? And I'm curious...how did a black belt (that is black, right?) come to be fighting a yellow belt? I've never been to a tournament yet so I know little of the mechanics...

The "continuous sparring" is not as popular because of the hard contact and rigorous non-stop sparring. So there's not that many divisions.
The yellow belt didn't have anyone to fight in his division (16-19yrs old / yellow thru brown.) So he decided to fight in the black belt division. Those 2 were from the same school and wanted to fight each other.

Latest Discussions