MartialTalk Statistics?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bob,
Do you keep MartialTalk statistics? A few websites I visit will display their website statistics. I would like to see that here, just out of curiosity. I wonder if you have pie or bar graphs to compare these stats monthly? Some examples I am thinking are:

Average hits per month
Number of new members joining per month

- Ceicei

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Ceicei,
Good question. I've got partial info up at http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/adrates.shtml, and in the past used to post monthly reports in the announcements forum. I'm in the process of putting a more complete "history", hopeully will have it up in a few days (once I process the April logs) :)

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the link! I'm looking forward to your "more complete history" when it is ready. I was wondering because it seemed that traffic had sort of slowed lately?

- Ceicei

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The start of the good weather in the US and Canada causes a little dip each year. We're averaging 6 new members, 423 active members, 496 posts and 25 threads per day.

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Then we can get our first Martian Martial Artist here on MartialTalk!

Bob, how's the number crunching going?

- Ceicei

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm the Grandmaster of the ancient Martian martial art of Barsoom-do. I can sell you a Red Belt (our equivalent of the Black Belt) for just 30 Martian dollars.

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
<<thinking>>
How much Earth currency (specifically US dollars) will convert to 30 Martian dollars?

- Ceicei

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It caries throughout the Martian day, but the current rate is ten-to-one, so...$300. We accept gold and indentured servants.

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! It provided A LOT of information. Are the April 2005 figures correct? :idunno: That is a BIG drop in # of visitors and page hits. In the past two years, the April months showed increases over March. This year broke the trend. Did we have a lot of down time lately?

- Ceicei

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No down time in quite a while. Now, while it was a big drop, it's Mays numbers that will tell the tale, temporary or real. Also, some traffic has switched to Kenpotalk, but that isn't enough to fully explain the drop here.