Martial Arts Wife Swap @ 8pm on ABC

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll have to see if I can watch that. At least it's on before Heros.

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
Definately can't miss Heroes. I can't stand reality shows but I might take a look tonight. Usually they try to pit opposites together so I'm wondering where the conflict will come from if one of the families train in the MAs.

OP
ArmorOfGod

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
My problem is not with choosing conflicting points of view, but picking extremists to represent a given belief system.
I predict the martial arts mom will be obsessed with martial arts and treat it like a religion. I also predict she will do horse stances will cleaning and quote "wax on wax off" while washing dishes. She will probably spend the whole show trying to sound like a fortune cookie rather than a normal adult. I hope I am wrong, but Wife Swap usually tries to pick nutjobs to be on the show.

AoG

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My problem is not with choosing conflicting points of view, but picking extremists to represent a given belief system.
I predict the martial arts mom will be obsessed with martial arts and treat it like a religion. I also predict she will do horse stances will cleaning and quote "wax on wax off" while washing dishes. She will probably spend the whole show trying to sound like a fortune cookie rather than a normal adult. I hope I am wrong, but Wife Swap usually tries to pick nutjobs to be on the show.

AoG

Wash dishes in horse stance gives a solid foundation for cleanliness. Such answers can be found in YellowBook.commmmmmmmm.

Your ability to accomplish tasks will be followed by success and your lucky numbers are 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

Birthday - Sheng-dan jie

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah this is a re-run.

It was on last year & the Hubbards' teach Choy Li Fut in No Cal.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

AoG

Yes hopefully they do not make martial artist's to look crazy.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
As I've said many times before, the only reason we have "reality" shows is that we don't actually allow bloodsports on TV. The whole point is to make people look stupid, humiliated, crazy and extreme. Sometimes external authorities like Donald "I've got a dead squirrel on my head" Trump can perform our sadism by proxy "You're fired!" Other times - The Swan, Wife Swap, Pros and Joes - the suckers do it themselves.

So of course they're going to make the martial artists look awful. The whole point is to make nearly everyone look awful so that the audience can feel smuggly superior to someone.

:barf: