Martial Arts tournament - Kung Fu VS Kick Boxing/Boxing

ddm69

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello! I think i've uploaded this video in the past, but it was the wrong link. Sorry about the confusion and the short video. If this is considered "spam" then please forgive me.

Style: Choy Li Fut/Do Pai

I'm 16 years of age and this is my first continuous sparring tournament. Please give me your honest opion and feedback about this video and any tips you have in mind. I managed to get a silver medal in this one... (I think I did so-so)

P.S. I've only had 1.5 years of training and they merged the Novice division with the Advanced division. (Novice 1.5 years or less & Advanced 2.5 years or more)

Video:

Enjoy! It would be much appreciated if you could rate the video on youtube.

Thanks,
Derek

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the interests of Constructive Criticism, the Attacks werent really as... Attack Themed as I for one perhaps would have liked; But to be fair, thats probably more me being used to every Strike being intended to be Effective, with no regard for Scoring or Continuity-For-The-Sake-Of-Continuity.

Other than that, on a scale of 1-10; 1 being Go away, 10 being Replay, and 5 being So-So; Overall, based on the theme of the Competition - 6.

Now, in Contrast to my above Criticism, given that this is your first Continuous Sparring bout, theres no need to look any further past it than that. :)
Nice Technique. Or more accurately, Nice Calm Mind. You allowed yourself to get Carried Away when it Counted, and maintained Control when it didnt.

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
First, well done for getting in there and doing it! You didnt do badly at all considering your level of training and i am sure that you will improve with experience. i liked Cyriacus comments regarding your temprament during the match.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Neat! You're very aggressive, good stuff. Can't comment on technique, I do not know your art. Looks like you really went for it, that's good.

Latest Discussions