Martial Artist or Majorette?

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Anyone care to share their opinion on this? Yes, I will admit the lad had to practice ALOT to do this, and I realize he is young, but.....c'mon.

http://www.funny-games.biz/videos/401-hyperboy.html
Thanks for this H, Ok, I know what you mean about "c'mon" but well good for the kid I'd say. We can't go encouraging our kids into our arts and then slag them off because they aren't doing street deadly whatever. Kudos to him for his diligence, commitment and practise when so many kids would rather XBox their way to obesity. My only thought is who's been feeding him the attitude? Either mom's not been keeping up her Evening-Primrose supplements, dad's clients' outrageous demands are getting to him, or sensei's got a John Kreese Cobra Kai complex, hehe.

Respects!

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MartialIntent said:
Thanks for this H, Ok, I know what you mean about "c'mon" but well good for the kid I'd say. We can't go encouraging our kids into our arts and then slag them off because they aren't doing street deadly whatever. Kudos to him for his diligence, commitment and practise when so many kids would rather XBox their way to obesity. My only thought is who's been feeding him the attitude? Either mom's not been keeping up her Evening-Primrose supplements, dad's clients' outrageous demands are getting to him, or sensei's got a John Kreese Cobra Kai complex, hehe. Respects!

Seconded. I don't want to criticize too much. Do I like what's going on there? Of course not. It's an 8 year old in a black belt. That rubbed me the wrong way before he even started his demonstration. But that's just me. I'm sure they're quite proud of what he can do and the national ranking and all that. I suppose it's nice that he's doing something... but I'm glad he's not one of mine. :asian:

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think I recognise that kid, wasn't he in Hanson? But i take my hat off to him. If he could learn to apply that skill he could be dangerous instead of using it for show. IF he is this skilled now, imagine what he will be like when he is in his teens!

Latest Discussions