martial art lanyard

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a cool martial art lanyard for a gift (they are all the rage with the kids you know). I have looked online but haven't found anything worthwhile yet. Any recommendations?

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A cord that typically goes around the neck or the wrist... that holds like...ohh I dunno... a whistle? A pendant? something like that... :uhyeah: :winks2:

That's basically it. The fad right now is to use one to hold your car keys.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thinking safety, a string around your neck is not the greatest thing. Thining tactically, also not a great thing. Gives a would be abductor something to grab onto.

Just a thought.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking safety, a string around your neck is not the greatest thing. Thining tactically, also not a great thing. Gives a would be abductor something to grab onto.

Just a thought.
Many that I've seen have a break-away design; as more and more places require employees/students to wear ID badges, the lanyards are becoming more and more common. Especially as business casual dress eliminates shirt pockets...

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
good self-defense points. However, most teens (my nephew included) never have them around their neck. Rather they hold on to them, often annoyingly swinging them around. I guess it helps them not lose their keys (since it has a foot long tail) and gives them yet another chance to express their individualism. I have actually thought it would be a good thing for self defense because they usually already have their keys in their hand when they go outside (too large to put in a pocket) , and it gives them something to swing at an attacker. So I guess it all depends on how it is used.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've seen many kids carry their keys on them, and simply place it in their pocket with the lanyard hang'n out. Sometimes a product is what it is....takes the human brain to sort out what they can be utilized for other than its original design ;)