Magazine Recommendation

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. It is not often that I find something worth passing on as far as MA mags however I must recommend to everyone Classical Fighting Arts magazine. I have been reading this magazine going on 2 years now and I find myself anxious for the next issue all of the time. It is not full of the advertisements that some of the others are and it has some great stuff in it.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. It is not often that I find something worth passing on as far as MA mags however I must recommend to everyone Classical Fighting Arts magazine. I have been reading this magazine going on 2 years now and I find myself anxious for the next issue all of the time. It is not full of the advertisements that some of the others are and it has some great stuff in it.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Ditto,

Got my copy on Saturday and started it on the train to work this morning.

I enjoy the magazine a lot.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the tip on a new mag.

I have a strange love/hate relationship with Black Belt. I buy it every month. I do so knowing that there's a good 80-90% chance that there will be an article that will tick me off due to it being full of it, all the ads for the amazing home combat killer course, or the absurd products adverts on things like amazing internal energy development("You too can learn to levitate and shoot energy balls out of your rear end, send $100 in unmarked, non-sequential two-dollar bills to Brooklyn Bridge Sales...).

Yet I still buy the magazine, partly due to habit/nostalgia, and also because every now and then they print an article that makes up for all the other stuff.

Bit of a rant there, sorry about that. Thanks for the recommend.

Mark

Last edited:

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I second the recommendation for CFA. As for Black Belt mag, I still support myself even if I barely glance through the contents these days. It's because the magazine however beyond the pale still is about martial arts, and I want to support MA businesses.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Apparantly, the 'word is out' about CFA. Brought the recent copy to work Monday night...and some stinker stole it. :( Like hubby said, "You know it's a good magazine when a 'cheap Scot' like you will go and buy TWO copies." LOL! ;)

Latest Discussions