MA dictionary

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been trying to find a dictionary of martial arts related terminology (japanese to english) online and am having no luck. Does anyone know where I could find one online in PDF format? Thanks in advance for any info.

F

Firona

freedict.com has a decent japanese-english and vice versa dictionary as well as a list of other languages. So far as the names for martial arts moves and theories go I think there is a definate edge of interperatation that goes along with it so I am not sure how well that will do you.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
I've been trying to find a dictionary of martial arts related terminology (japanese to english) online and am having no luck. Does anyone know where I could find one online in PDF format? Thanks in advance for any info.

A friend of mine wrote one several years ago.
do a google search for tuttle books + alex kask

If I remember it comes with a casstte tape too.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Do you have a Borders Book Store near you?..if they do not have the books you are looking for...they can order one or more with no charge on shipping cost...plus when it comes...you do not have to buy it..if it is not what you were looking for? That's why I like Borders Books!! One of the best book stores with great customer service. I have one that is call ..the (Japanese-English-japanese Dictionary) by Random House, Author is Seigo Nakao..this is not a martial dictionary. but it easy to use... Arigato...from Hawaii and Aloha

Latest Discussions