Luke Molitor Seminar Review

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, a quick review of the Seminar Markk hosted for us down in Dwight... Thanks Markk!

Luke came out and covered some great topics including a nice refresher on Ukemi and the Sanshin, (it's always great to go over basics, especially with someone as experienced as Luke) and he corrected some of our form and posture.

In the morning we did a quick Q&A, and the question of using Uke Nagashi came up, so we did a morning session of drills and excercises in using Uke Nagashi. We moved on after lunch to some other drills using Kamae and posture and then worked on proper cross stepping Technquies and ideas from that.

In the evening those of us that stayed at Markk's dojo for some social activity got a lesson in Shuriken-jutsu and we did some throwing.

The second day we warmed up with some exercises focusing on controlling the opponents position and balance to be able to walk them out/guide them away. and then we worked on doing it as a team... Working with another attacker to take out 1 person without getting in each others way, so to speak.

Some questions came up about Kamae and moving from one into the next, so we did a few drills and techniques to facilitate that before lunch... and when we came back, we worked on getting hit. (This part is complicated, so don't ask me to explain it. Suffice to say we spent a lot of time punching each other in the face.)

Luke ended the seminar with a little "fun" sword work, focusing on what to do if you are wearing one, and someone comes in and grabs you to prevent you from using/drawing the blade, and a couple little hidden weapon tidbits.

Overall a LONG couple of days of training, and by the end we were all pretty bruised, banged and tired, but it's one of the best seminars I have been to in a long time. Well worth it for the training!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Cryo thanks for the review. I have only heard good things about Luke Molitor!
icon14.gif

sacramento bujinkan

White Belt
Reaction score
I have hosted and attended a number of seminars with Luke and always enjoyed them. I definitely recommend training with him if you get the opportunity. We're going to have him out in Sacramento, CA in January 2009! Looks like we'll be working on Jutaijutsu as well as some other goodies.

-Alex Bushman