Luk Dim Bun Kwan Pole Form

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is a video I made back in Nov 2013 on the pole form. I generally don"t practice the pole that much so i made the video to document it for personal use,but I just decide to make it public as I doubt I'll get around to video it properly..I've made some small modifications to my pole..I'm not using any power or speed just covering the physical movements. Also,I'm using the wrong king of pole. I'm using a Japanese Bo staff as that is all I had at the time.

Reactions: KPM

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
is this the pole form of Henry Leung?

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
is this the pole form of Henry Leung?

No the Pole from Henry Leung is nothing like this . totally different . Maybe someday I'll do a video of it. This Polen is of the Ip man lineage with a small modifications I made. I basically re-choreograph the moves.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No the Pole from Henry Leung is nothing like this . totally different . Maybe someday I'll do a video of it. This Polen is of the Ip man lineage with a small modifications I made. I basically re-choreograph the moves.

ok. thx

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No the Pole from Henry Leung is nothing like this . totally different . Maybe someday I'll do a video of it.

I'd like to see it if someday you film it.
Also, it would help to see the original form you started with to understand some of your modifications.
Thanks for posting.

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Any feed back on the form itself...my performance sucks because I never intended to show it but I doubt if I'll ever get around or doing it again

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Any feed back on the form itself...my performance sucks because I never intended to show it but I doubt if I'll ever get around or doing it again

why are both feet together at around the :24 mark when you do that high slanted pole movement?

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
why are both feet together at around the :24 mark when you do that high slanted pole movement?

It's a similar idea from chum kiu when you bring both together. it's to create a strong structure to be able to brace for a heavey downward pole strike. if a 2 by 4 is strong a 4 by 4 is stronger

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's a similar idea from chum kiu when you bring both together. it's to create a strong structure to be able to brace for a heavey downward pole strike. if a 2 by 4 is strong a 4 by 4 is stronger

Thanks.
Was this YM pole form originally from a Moy Yat line?

Latest Discussions