Luk Dim Boom - 6 1/2 point pole

dan.h

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a beginner in Ving Tsun (2 months in) and my sifu had us doing station drills. (eg. One person on the punching bag doing punches, pak-sau's, throat chops; another on the wooden dummy doing stepping movements and another lifting the pole up and down to strengthen our forearms/wrists and form)

Even though I'm a beginner, I think it would help me out to get a pole like this of my own so I can strengthen my forearm and wrists at the very least. Does anyone else have one at home? Did you get it from a lumber supply store or something like that? What should I be asking for? Certain type of wood, weight (5 or 6lb maybe), length (8' or 9' or so..)?

Thanks!

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Even though I'm a beginner, I think it would help me out to get a pole like this of my own so I can strengthen my forearm and wrists at the very least. Does anyone else have one at home? Did you get it from a lumber supply store or something like that? What should I be asking for? Certain type of wood, weight (5 or 6lb maybe), length (8' or 9' or so..)?

Thanks!

Try Wing Lam supply online... he has a whole selection of VT/WT/WC long poles. I got mine elsewhere over twenty years ago, so I don't know about his quality. Good luck.