Looking for some background on a form called: sandflip

KempoSpirit

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm wondering what the background on the form called "sandflip" might be. Does anyone have any info?
Thanks,
Jeff

OP
K

KempoSpirit

White Belt
Reaction score
forgot to mention that I have already tried searching and got no matches from past posts.
thanks in advance,

seninoniwashi

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm wondering what the background on the form called "sandflip" might be. Does anyone have any info?
Thanks,
Jeff

Never heard of it. Is it being introduced to you in Kenpo curriculum? If so is it EPAKK and at what belt level if any? Now you've got me interested in it to :cool:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
Jeff

Never heard of it. What style of Kenpo is it from?

OP
K

KempoSpirit

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm a blend of Shaolin Kempo and Cerio Kempo. Supposedly a black belt level form. Just looking for any background on it.
Thanks,

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a blend of Shaolin Kempo and Cerio Kempo. Supposedly a black belt level form. Just looking for any background on it.
Thanks,

I trained in the Villari system until Brown before changing to the Parker system and I had never heard of anything by that name. Its possible something may have been added in at a later time.

Sorry I cant help.

Mike

KenG

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
sand flip i have heard of it and i do believe it is practiced on the beach...:) kidding could not resist...

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I trained in the Villari system until Brown before changing to the Parker system and I had never heard of anything by that name. Its possible something may have been added in at a later time.

Sorry I cant help.

Mike
I was with Villari until 4th BB I never heard of this form...

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Could you be just slightly mistaken on the name of this form?

Not "Sand Flip"... But "Sandwich"? :angel:

OP
K

KempoSpirit

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, i have a bit more info. It seems the name was supposedly a literal translation (by whom ??) of the following name: Suna Kaku Keru
Maybe i have the spelling wrong, not sure.
I don't think this is a traditional form??
thanks,

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just ask your instructor about the background of the form. If he dosen't know, ask him who taught it to him.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the origin. Many people make up forms to add to their system, or use in competition. And some systems even require their students to create a form as part of their testing process.
It's more important how useful the form is to your training, then what the origin of it is.

diamondbar1971

Green Belt
Reaction score
no, but i did find some information that may or may not help...there is a movement called washu kip up...it has to to with hand springs or something along those lines and its actually called flip flop or flop kicks.....
go to www.martinvidic.com and see if you can decifer any of it.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks,
Jeff

can you describe any of the form? Maybe some people know it under a different name or maybe as J.Bishop said it is an addition

respectfully,
marlon

OP
K

KempoSpirit

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,
thanks for the input, i'll put the ball back in my instructors lap.
I know he said it wasn't a traditional form, but didn't elaborate much more.
thanks,
jeff

Latest Discussions