Looking for Shuai Chiao, San Shou, or Hung Gar

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Eddie Lane teaches Hung Gar in Bellingham, WA, and is planning on opening a school in Tacoma. His website is here.
John Leong teaches Hung Gar in Seattle. I couldn't find a website for him, but some info is to be found here.
I don't know if either of these are too far, but if you're interested, they might be able to tell you of some students of theirs who teach nearer to you.
Hope this helps.

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks man. Seattle north to bellingham is fine. I'm in Arlington, but am willing to travel for good instruction.

I am REALLY interested in Shuai Chiao. This style has intrigued me for, like, 5 years. I dont think there is any schools anywhere near me, but.....if anyone has any info.......Thanks in advance.

KE

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Shogun said:
I am REALLY interested in Shuai Chiao. This style has intrigued me for, like, 5 years. I dont think there is any schools anywhere near me, but.....if anyone has any info.......Thanks in advance.
I could only dig up one Shuai Chiao school:

Academy of Kung Fu, Qigong, &Tai Chi
Sifu Alexander Knight
115 Unity Street Suite C-2
Bellingham, Washington 98225
360-738-3600

I don't know if the instructor is any good, but he's listed on the United States Shuai-Chiao Association website.

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check it out. Maybe he does a little Shuai, and so he is listed. this is usually the case. Im noticing a trend about Blaine, south to Mt vernon. there is mostly Kung Fu schools. south to everett is mostly grappling schools, and then seattle has everything.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shogun said:
What about Chin-na schools?
I think your going to find that chin na is taught in a variety of CMA school in with their own curriculum. I've never seen a school that teaches only chin na. There are alot of school that incorporate chin na into their curriculum though.

7sm

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That is what I figured. Maybe there is a school that teaches a CMA but calls there school Chin na? of course, that'd be sketchy, wouldn't it?

Thanks.

KE

OP
Shogun

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I called the Shuai Jiao school in Bellingham. I am going to meet with the sifu next monday, to be a possible student. the instructor teaches northern and southern Shaolin (not sure which specific) and incorporates Shuai Jiao into it.

Latest Discussions