Looking for JSA in south Fort Worth

Cris

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I've tried google and the links in the dojo finder and all the ones I can find are in Dallas or Denton and I live south of fort worth(a good hour's drive in decent traffic). So, I figure I'd try and see if anyone knows of any that are farther south. Failing that, the ones in the north that are worth the drive to check out.
And now for the info that tends to be asked of these types of questions(I've been lurking around here awhile :p ):
The reason I'm looking is cause I love to learn and the katana has always appealed to me. Also, I'm trying to get into shape and I think some sort of martial art will motivate me to exercise.

Charles Mahan

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I'm with the Dojo up in Denton. I'm afraid I don't know of anything on the southside of Fort Worth. There are a number of training oppurtunities in DFW, but almost all of them are on the north side for some reason. The closest I can do for you is probably the kendo group in Southlake. Still on the north side, but closer than Denton.

Of course, you're welcome to drive up here. We have a later class on Tuesdays that starts at 7pm and a Saturday class at 9:45am which should let you get around the worst of the traffic.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Cris,
I may have just the thing for you. Joe Bostick is out in Cleburne, and I believe he is still teaching Shin Shin Sekiguchi ryu iaijutsu. This is a koryu sword art that is very physical and requires quite a bit of effort to perform correctly. He has no web presence, but I think I've got an email address for him somewhere. Shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you if you're interested.

Otherwise, I would agree with Charles and suggest that MJER up in Denton is well worth the drive.

Charles Mahan

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Cleburne... Huh. I wonder if I knew that and forgot. :/

Not sure if Cleburne is closer or not, but it sounds like a good oppurtunity if it's close enough.

OP
Cris

Cris

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It is very close. I can get from my home to downtown cleburne in 30 minutes in bad traffic :D

Latest Discussions