Looking for an old book

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Strange title and probably the wrong forum to post, my apologies.

So I stumbled upon a little black book a couple of weeks ago called: "Ninja something something...." by the Black Dragon Fighting Society. Anyone who can give some solid information on this?

Also found a book about shuriken throwing by Kobuta. More info on this?

Cheers, buckets of good karma for the good replies!

fighter_x

White Belt
Reaction score
Strictly my opinion, but I would not bother reading anything by the black dragon fighting society, and Kobuta's work at least the shuriken book, appears to be more of a cash in on the '80's Ninja craze.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Blunt honesty okay? Avoid them unless you are buying them for a laugh.

Strange title and probably the wrong forum to post, my apologies.

So I stumbled upon a little black book a couple of weeks ago called: "Ninja something something...." by the Black Dragon Fighting Society. Anyone who can give some solid information on this?

The Black Dragon Fighting Society is Ashida Kim. Not to fraudbust here (if that was even possible with Ashida anymore....), I'll simply supply a clip for you to make up your own mind...

Okay, one more. Just cause it's fun....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xw5wjwVkFc&feature=related

Also found a book about shuriken throwing by Kobuta. More info on this?

Might suggest the following reviews, one less-than-positive, the other less-than-stable (and lacking in a great deal of understanding of various Japanese martial arts terms, such as Soke):

http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Shuriken-Manual-Takayuki-Kubota/product-reviews/0934489009

Cheers, buckets of good karma for the good replies!

So, uh, after inflicting those on you, how's my karma?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshin9

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
PM me with your email and I will send you a PDF on shriken throwing that is not 80's fake Ninja crap. No offence to the real Ninjutsu Ryu schools out there.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
PM me with your email and I will send you a PDF on shriken throwing that is not 80's fake Ninja crap. No offence to the real Ninjutsu Ryu schools out there.

Hi Yoshin9,

Out of interest, what is the PDF of? Are we talking about something linked with the more legit Ninjutsu organisations, the document left by Seiko Fujita, or something associated with the Koryu systems such as Negishi Ryu or Meifu Shinkage Ryu?

Oh, and no offence taken, by the way. Sounds like you were describing the less-than-legit groups, and differentiating between them and the authentic lineages.... kinda wish more people could do that!